Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

How do I remove this?

Trying to stop all rattles in my car, and so pulling all the interior out... I'm currently trying to get the panel that sits behind the front seat belts out, but can't work out how to get the top lever thing off... I think it might just pull off, but I don't want to force it just incase...

Can anyone help?

Cheers, Chris

Think it does just pull off, there is also a screw underneath the belt...

The worst things to get out are the coat hooks above...

should be able to slide it down a bit then take the trim off as it looks like the button will go through the slot then it'll unbolt i think

Never had to take one off but wouldn't have though it would cause a problem, why are you removing all that stuff?

Chris

yeah..just pull if i remember correctly....theres a few things in the interior that you just have to use brut force where it feels wrong!.

i've never found the coat hooks bad??!! pull down and then ease out with a flat blade - easy peasy :) -

Ah finally got them out! Was just a simple lever them out with a screwdriver... The hooks came off no problem either, one of them was already half hanging off, so I could see how to remove them :)

Chris VR6nosky, Removing everything so I can cover it in felt to stop it rattling and squeeking... I hate rattles!!!

I hate rattles!!!

Me too mate - just found one that may be worth checking if you havent already: the ducting under the dash going to the passenger side vent has a join just to the side of the headunit. This flexes and creates a hollow-type noise as if something is loose. Worth shoving some felt into there too.

HTH