Sign in to follow this  
fla

Electric windows thump

Dont know if anyone else has this problem but when i put either window all the way down it sort of thumps to the bottom as if it should have a cushioning pad but doesnt. Any ideas on how to sort this out at all? Can you put some rubber pads some where to cushion the travel?

Thanks all

The glass is attached to a plastic slider that runs up and down a guide inside the door. It's at the lock end of the door. This becomes dettached and just sits at the bottom of the door and occasionally gets a grip on the glass and gets dragged back up the guide, if it falls again you can usually hear it hit bottom.

This had already happened when I bought my Rado and made a loud clunk when the glass hit bottom.

I glued it back on with plenty of super glue and the clunk almost disappeared. It's still attached 2.5 years on.

Of course this may not solve your clunk but it's worth a look. I believe it's a common problem.

RW1, daves16v, thanks very much - i'll have a look and see if there is anything else than can be done, only you know what other people are like, they just whack it down at full speed. Just like they pull the seat height adjustment handle to push teh seat back and you think the seat will fly off its hinges! :mad:

all 3 of the corrados I've had have done this if the window is sent all the way down in one go... I've never worried about it... 8)

I also have this problem, coupled with a 'sticking / releasing' sound when I initially open the window. I thought that somehow the window glass was misaligned with the frame and was 'releasing' itself on opening, but low and behold, the two bolts which anchor the guide in the centre of the window to the door were loose, and just tightening these up cured the problem. I guess that the tighter bolts may have realigned the guide to the frame, but if I never know, I'll never care!

Still working on the thump at the bottom, though. I'm not sure I've located the pieces actually making the noise, but hopefully with a bit more time and some rubber liner material, I'll find it and fix it.