Sign in to follow this  
Chris VR6nos

Faster than Fast

I agree Paul but the quiet gears on my charger make it deceptive, still, i think it will be a good idea to get a H2O kit fitted at least then work towards getting a chargecooler sorted.

It then needs a re-map maybe from Jabbasport as they did Pauls previous red one and it worked well.

I still get people asking why you sold that car so cheap for!

Chris

Theory about methanol is interesting. My initial thoughts about using meth/water mix was that this was done to increase the octane/flammability of the charge and not for cooling, which is the whole point in having water injection.

No the biggest gains from water injection is no-doubt the cooling effect. The real job of the methanol is actually to stop the water freezing in the winter, but it does cool the air down alot more with the methanol. Methanol has a octane level of 112 and petrol is 90-98 is this right? anyway I have got rolling road day reading without the water injection and with the water injection and they are pretty different!! (ok one place had a bigger cooling fan).

You can feel the boost pipes after driving the car hard and they are always cold.

Some people think that it's only for stopping the pre-ignition which is totally true as it does but the cooling helps so much.

If you add more than 50% methanol then you start to heat the cylinders up which is kinda pointless.

I have got a 25litre pail of pure racing methanol which cost me 35 pounds from INTID racing fuels but they charge a handling/delivery fee of about 30 pounds all in it's around 60 quid!! and you don't have to use the methanol all the time.

ps, ive seen 145 on my speedo (private road of course) and it still had a bit left, there was a roundabout coming up fast though so had to slow down.

You need to to save up and get your private road modified to a 'M' Class, then you only get slip lanes and no roundabouts :-P

Storm Warning, LOL good point!!!!!

I have a smaller pulley now but a lot of things have changed over the last year or so, i'll get it sorted before long with the smaller pulley on but the 6lb flywheel is on and acts just fine, no stalling or anything so all is well.

Chris

Chris, Dont start with the "your corrado is more bent than myne" :wink:

The flywheel does look nice on the floor dosent it Chris?Better on the car? :roll:

WOW this was posted by James exactly 2 years ago today!!!!!

and i read this old thread and post by accident!

Makes me wonder if there's a higher power at work

Chris

I dinnah but theres far too many chris's aboot oop hea'

!

Chris reading that again - you are a mentalist, and next time I will take me own car :)

mentalist!

work out your REAL speed from the maxomum revs, the rolling circumference of the 17"s and the gear ratios. from memory 167mph should be possible at 7000rpm with stock 205.50.15's and stock gearing.

my box limits me to 150mph at 7000rpm on 215.35.16's. I've seen 156 on the clock running 195.50.15's and it was just about getting to the rev limiter, fluttering a bit. But that was crossing the dutch/german border where it's allowed!

I daren't go much over 100 these days sonce my ban, paranoid about getting caught again, they'll ream me if I ever get caught doing over a ton ever again.

more into acceleration that out right speed anyway. so Chris, get yourself down to york dragway, I want to race you and see how fast your car really is.

Yeah i will at some point, never done it as i've mentioned but you'll probably coax me into it at some point.

I was and still am and always did run 205/40/17 so not sure on the exact top speed i'll have done but it was fast enough enyway.

Buy Phat, you know you'll beat me off the line and not by a small margin, just hope i can claw it back during the run, 1/4 isn't that long really but would like to see your face if/when i did beat your car! :lol:

Chris

I want to race you and see how fast your car really is.

This could get interesting - can i come and play when i get the 3.3 and 6 speed lsd in then??? - Looking forward to getting a few hyper corrado's together for a blast :evil: -

Maybe we should talk to PVW and try and get a Corrado Forum 'group thrash' put together and arranged at Bruntingthorpe at their expense?

There are so many mega projects on here at the minute that could definately take part!

They did it for Dubforce and there are just as many interesting cars on here..

my reg plate says 'supercharged vr6 nos' at the bottom (since that was the spec when chris had it) so I could always pretend its just not running right and join in...

i better join in the IM FASTER THAN U COMPETION LOL

ha ha 13.901 1/4 !!! what urs.. LOL

LOL

If I remember rightly, your old red C was a 2.0 valver with some mild tweaks wasn't it? In which case a 13.9 is V impressive! 1.5 to 2 seconds quicker than those Civic Type Chavs.... going by the figures I saw them achieve at the Pod last year.

my reg plate says 'supercharged vr6 nos' at the bottom (since that was the spec when chris had it) so I could always pretend its just not running right and join in...

Get it off there! Stealth all the way in my book. Keep em guessing :wink:

If I remember rightly, your old red C was a 2.0 valver with some mild tweaks wasn't it? In which case a 13.9 is V impressive!

to say the least.....

I'm liking getting away with parking tickets and going through speed cameras as fast as i want at the moment! :lol: :twisted:

Nitrous is great

Chris

LOL

If I remember rightly, your old red C was a 2.0 valver with some mild tweaks wasn't it? In which case a 13.9 is V impressive! 1.5 to 2 seconds quicker than those Civic Type Chavs.... going by the figures I saw them achieve at the Pod last year.

I did a 14.03@101 in my vr6 s/c (stage 1) at GTI festival. Just an example of the kind of performance which should be expected from a charged vr6. So stage 2 owners should be looking at some mid-high 13s.

LOL

I think Chris is talking about his new car, some Seat Ibiza Cupra variation.