Sign in to follow this  
DANG60

just a hello im new on here.

Alright gus, just saying hello as ive just joined the corrado forum. Been looking through some photos of ur cars and found out that ive got jims old car - J141 PFD.

Just a quick un- n e body know anything about a 1.9 conversion for the G60

sweet...welcome to the forum dude...nice to see a VERY nice G60 back on the forum...its a well looked after car you got there mate!..

Jim will be pleased..

saw yr car at leeds show.. looked sweet!!

welcome to the forum...

Yay - i'm glad its back again :)

Welcome to the forum.. hope you're enjoying the car as much as morpheus1870, myself, leew, and brookescourt all did!

If you want to talk over engine conversions, you probably wouldn't go too wrong speaking to the guys at either Stealth Racing or G-Werks. Their websites (and contact details) can be found at http://www.stealthracing.co.uk and http://www.g-werks.com respectively!

Alternatively hunt out Henny on the forum as he has a heavily modded G60 including a 1.9 (or is it 2.0?) capacity increase and is very very in the know about this sort of thing :)

'lo, you called? :lol:

Welcome to The Forum DANG60, you've got a cracker of a car there... 8)

I know of 2 decent 1900 conversions that I'd recommend, G-werks' 1871cc (83mm overbore conversion) or JMR's 1940cc conversion (83mm overbore + longer throw crank)

I've got one of John's 1940cc conversions which is somewhat more expensive than Darren's piston swap due to needing a different crankshaft too. BOTH are top notch using quality parts and both give some impressive results.

In the end, it's a question of budget and who you want to deal with... You can contact either Darren (G-man on this forum) or John (16VG60 on this forum) by sending a PM to them from this very forum... 8)

thanx guys, just gathering info at the moment. Shud hopefully be ready to start orderin bits at the end of sept when i take it off the road. N e 1 know of the gains i shud see from this conversion?

DANG60, a sore face from grinning is the only downside of the 1.9 conversion I've found so far... :lol:

I got:

Increased torque all the way through the rev range.

Increased BHP at the top end (especially if you get the lot lightened and balanced while it's all apart ;) )

Better drivability and mid range GRUNT...

Lots and lots of grins! :lol:

Not yet sure on actual numbers 'cos when I had it rolling roaded I was a tooth out on the cam (198Lb/Ft and 219Bhp IIRC) and I've yet to get it onto another set of rollers now that she's set up properly again... :oops:

g-man, ohhh. you've sussed out what it's from then? 8)

A soviet tank.. Just add and grind.. Full spec sheets below.. as you can see substantial gains on the T-60 model..

FULL SPEC SHEET

8)

A few mods can be made to..

MODS