Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

16" P42

Im looking at some 16" alloys that are P42 offset. Assume that means et42. Anyway, 2 questions.

Where will et42 sit in the arches, is that further out or in than et35?

What are the best tyres?

Im not sure of the width yet, but assume they are 6.5or 7j

Cheers

Nick

PS: Someone buy my ronals!

What even with standard 280s? I presume if i think they look to ini or they dont clear i can space them anyways?

Cheers for the advice, they are £295 with tyres! look on the bay under 16" 5x100, i quite like them! what you thinks???????????

Bearing in mind im on a seriously low budget at the mo! I want your wheels Chris! boo hoo

You could easily use spacers. They'll fit ok. Only thing is the tyres are not the correct size which will mean slightly reduced accl and your speedo will also be slightly out. I wouldnt worry about it though.

If you are on a seriously low budget I would look on ebay and buy some solitudes (as per my sig) as there are some cheap ass sets on there right now. They still look good on a Corrado, cheaper tyres and this means you will have an orignal set of wheels if you come to sell the car.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 16496&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 18063&rd=1

Cheers mate, I am watching the mint set!

Really wanted 16s for looks, but i do like the soleez. I lied actually the 16s are et38! which is better than 42 i think?

Solitudes and Speedlines are ET 43 on a 6.5J. This is spot on for neutral handling with a minimum of tramlining and bump steer.

If you're going out to a 7J, ET38 is spot on. 7.5 and 8J need ET35, but they're not hard rules.....you just play about with offsets until you get the caliper and inner arch clearance you need.

Solitudes are brilliant wheels for handling and acceleration as they weigh f'ck all. I had a set on my VR as an 'interim' set and really like the look of them aswell, but I prefer the Speedlines for that original VR look. They clear the 288 calipers too, so brucey bonuses all round, eh?

As per the second egay ad, they're hardly rare, being fitted to nearly all late MK3s, 500 Corrados, Late Golf VRs and Highlines etc etc. Speedlines are rarer that Solitudes as VW only fitted it to the Corrado VR and nothing else.

Anyway, Sollies are the worst BBS/VW wheel every for corrosion....so really cheap sets will be seriously bad and in need of a refurb.