Sign in to follow this  
g60griff

flaming g60

when i have run round town for a bit and the car is running a bit warm if i nail it lets a massive bang and flame out of the exhaust, sounds and looks great. but is there anything to worry about.

have you had the car chipped? i have found that a jabbasport chip did this to mine as it overfuelled alot. get rid quick if you have one

got a jabba chip, full stainless with de-cat. i thought it might be over fuelling. it runs fine and pulls like a train. only does it when ive been around town and it gets hot. was going to sell it but decided to stick with, its too much fun.

Jabba chip, its bound to be over fueling then, get an sns chip in it, 10% better fuel costs and miles more punch

could also be a hole in the exhaust or manifold...
Either that or a leaking gasket - unburned fuel in the exhaust will only ignite if there's oxygen in there too.

Could also be caused if the cam timing is out of sync with the crankshaft (car wouldn't run very well) or with some "fast road" cams.

Could be worth checking the Lambda probe - won't be the initial cause but if all the excess heat has knackered it, the car will overfuel even more.

Only time I've seen flames like that has been with a very high-lift cam.

If the car still has a std cam, I still reckon one of the manifold gaskets is leaking.

Does the car misfire or run lumpy on idle ?

runs fine on idle. still got standard cam. il check the lambda tomorrow. scares a few people. a scooby was going to play last night then saw the flames and didnt bother.

a scooby was going to play last night then saw the flames and didnt bother.
That'll be because your exhaust emmissions make your car look like it's been seriously well tuned. :D