Sign in to follow this  
64 SPLIT

Rear Spoiler (slow?)

The speed activated spoiler on my new Corrado (first one I've owned) only works off the switch but seems really slow - I've no idea how fast its meant to move, but it takes roughly a full minute to go from down to full height - is that usual?

And is there a simple way to get the speed activation working again (ie. is it just one switch/unit)?

Thanks!

hi guys..

if you do a search on these problems im sure you'l find your answers...the spoiler need lubricating every now and then, and there is wires for the speed sensitive spoiler connected to the original stereo...sometimes if the stereo has been changed it can mean the spoiler will only work by the button.

My spoiler mech. itself was buggered some time back and would rise and fall in increments to the point where it didn't work at all!

I managed to get the whole lot (rods/motor etc) from a local breakers for £15 and after a short time fitting it....perfect.

The turning mech. was buggered after activating the spoiler every 5 minutes!

I wouldn't put grease on it because it will cause dust and stuff to stick to it which will act like sandpaper on the rubber seals... :?

Good car wax is supposed to do the job very well...

cheers guys - the fact that the stereo has been changed would probably explain the lack of auto-activation - need to get myself a manual now so I can find out which wires they are.

is there a way to get it working if the stock stereo isn't fitted anymore?

Also pin 1 carries the speed pulses from the gearbox (radio volume control v speed). If this is the powered aerial motor connection on the ICE, then this blue wire will need cutting and insulating.