Sign in to follow this  
_Monkey

Monkeys IHI G60

keep on to them mate, give before/after pics, and keep pestering them. a mate of mine had the same type of thing on he's bm. he had 2 new alloys/tyres replaced in about 10 days, and he kept the buckled alloys, got them sorted for about £90. so had 2 spare wheels.

he had 2 new alloys/tyres replaced in about 10 days,

Did it really only take them 10 days to sort the repairs?

I've heard horror stories about weeks/months for compensation.

Also did he replace them out of his own money and get his money back, or did he have them do all the work?

Cheers

Dave

my mate was told by the council after 3-4 days, to go and get the rims/tyres replaced, so he went to bm bought the replacements, went to the local council office, gave them the receipt from bm. and about a week later there was a cheque in the post. just tell them you need the car for work etc etc. and are they gonna pay for taxis, and what the hell do we pay road tax for?? take some detailed pics of the pothole also, pref with a ruler showing the depth of the hole. but hurry, you dont want them repairing the hole,

I'll get a suitable letter off in the post on monday!

I've got some pics, used a cd for a comparison, but I'll get back out there with a ruler tomorrow.

Cheers for the advice mate, much appreicated! :thumbleft:

Just been out there and they've already repaired the hole!!! :o

That was real fast work!!

Oh well I gotta few decent pics. :roll:

Well they wrote back saying that because it's not a very widely used road, once a year is more than often enough to check it according to national standards. They claim they checked it last in may and it was ok then.

I'm gonna write back to them saying that obviously once a year is not enough since a pothole that can dwarf a cd has appeared in a couple of months!!

While the car's been off the road, I've been busy on it.

I've been sizing up my new intercooler in it, recon I can get it to fit sweet enough with a little fettling, just need to fab up some pipework for it.

21082006001.jpg

Also I've been modding the headlights, had mixed reactions so far, what do you guys think about them?

16092006060.jpg

I like the headlights 8), but I think the indicators and fogs are a little too dark, personally.

Looks tidy, but im with mrbeige on the indicators.

How long has it been off the road now Dave? Where'd you get your IC from?

Its a bit sh1t about the wheel, keep at them.

Cheers for the comments, :D

There was a catch with the indicators/fogs, they're pretty old and have gone misty, I lightly tinted them to match the headlights, but they looked really bad, so I had to keep going till they were black. :oops:

I'm gonna get around to fitting late spec lights and then I'll tint them to match...If I keep the tinted look at all that is :wink:

Right guys, I need some more help!

The Corrado ran out of tax the other day and since I'm havving a 'fiddle' with the engine over Winter and I have the Golf to run around it I don't see any point in re-taxing it for a couple of months.

So I've SORNed it, shame really, since I wound up the boost for the last weekend and blew away a Focus RS! But I can't afford ro re-tax and modify it so it's now off the road.

Does anyone know of any treatments/waxes I can put on the car to help keep it protected for the Winter months? I've been toying with the idea of a car cover, but want to know if there's anything else I can do to help protect it?

Cheers

Dave

Well I knew this day would come.....

While celibrating my birthday last week (i.e.hammered), I got into a lengthy conversation about justifying 2 cars and a works van. In the end I decided the Bull, my trusty 8v, would have to go. When I woke up the next day, I remembered all of the points made, and they still made sense, so I knew it's time had come.... :cry:

So a few phone calls were made (the bulls industructablability had won it it's own fan club!) and a deal was done! :(

Today it's new owner came to pick it up and I waved goodbye to my 3rd (but definately not my last) golf.

So here's a few of the better time's I've had with it...

07012006002.jpg

Combe.jpg

Haynes.jpg

And of course!!!!!

th_Smoky.jpg

Oh well, at least the money raised (and saved) will go to the "Corrado Ruturns" fund, watch this space.....

Well it's been off the road since October as the tax ran out and I was gonna do something stupid with the engine, however, I'm still waiting on pistons so I've been busy in other areas.

I've been trying to make the interior a nicer place to be, so I've changed the Illumination on all the switches to red and I've (finally) sorted the head unit so I can listen to my ipod through the car. I'm really impressed with the Gamma head unit, it sounds great, matches the interior (even the plastic is similar!) and powers the amps nicely too. :D

18022007207.jpg

Now I just gotta fit the boost controller, install the intercooler, build the engine............ :roll:

what are those gauges youve fitted? would like some of those!

looks really good.

btw if you remove the filter over the top bulbs in the gauge cluster - youll see the needles a lot better. worth a go

Cheers Guys :D

what are those gauges youve fitted? would like some of those!

looks really good.

btw if you remove the filter over the top bulbs in the gauge cluster - youll see the needles a lot better. worth a go

They're Autogauge Smoked face series. So when the ignition's off you can't see the face. The shop where I got them from doesn't stock them anymore but there are a few places on the internet you can get them from for about £30 a dial. The oil pressure gauge even comes with the sender! really quite good kits for the money, and they match the DDI dials too :D

If you're going to be at Ultimate, I'll show them to you then.

I could take the lenses out, but I've already taken out the bulbs!! :oops:

When I get around to it, I'm gonna fit some UV leds in they're place to illuminate the needles better at night. But I currently have bigger fish to fry...involving the pistons that arrived last week :wink:

Well the games have started, after an interesting chat with Darren, I decided to strip the engine down after work for some 'modifications' to be made...

Just starting and sizing up for my new FMIC...

19032007022.jpg

Apart from the turbo, not a lot of this will be going back in...

21032007030.jpg

This however, will be making a return to the engine bay...

21032007032.jpg

I recognise those lenghts of tube {wink} hello mate nice to see your cracking on with it - give me a shout if you need anything that I might be able to get hold of {wink wink}

Dave, you're a nutter. This car was an animal when I was in it, so god knows what it'll be like when you've finished.

I notice your garage has had a bit of a clean too :lol: