Sign in to follow this  
_Monkey

Monkeys IHI G60

:mad: :mad: I've just managed to snap off one of the exhaust manifold studs in the head!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Oh well, if i've got to take the head off, might as well give it some big valve loving! :twisted:

Right, decided to get a big valve head and for good measure a flowed inlet manifold.

So i got the head off only to find that the exhaust manifold had broken! One quick call to Jabba later and i had a shiny new one to go with my shiny new head and inlet manifold!

After a bit of fighting in 'interesting' weather conditions, me and Tim (punto) managed to get it all back together and she fired up first time! 8)

God, I love Volkswagens! :luvlove:

01032006004.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

thats dedication!! nice car mate love the colour,, btw do you want me to record my charger so you can play it as you drive!!:D

It was cold really cold, i sat in my Punto with engine running more than a few times thats for sure, absolutely freezing, about time Dave stopped being a lady boy and pulled his finger out, it should go well now, fingers crossed, cant beat a bit of diy, you never know you might be able to catch me now, he he.

A Punto driver on a Corrado forum?!?!?

Whatever next, a Corrado at a Punto rolling road day??? :lol:

It was good meeting some of you at the Ultimate show... Even if i was a little drunk on the saturday!! :drinking:

Just a quick update, my new head in it's rightfull place, also swapped my alternator for a MK3 GTI one, to get rid of the redundant charger brackets and to tidy the engine bay a little.

Cheers to Rallyejimbo for supplying the alternator off his (now departed) 2ltr MK2! :thumbleft:

05032006050.jpg

Right, i've just heard that slammed cars won't make it on Stealths rollers, and I'm a bit concerned as I've just paid up for it! :roll:

So here's a few pics of it, do you think I'll get it on OK?

(I've been on TSR's without problems)

07062005.jpg

24092005002.jpg

That is pretty much slammed. Probably the best thing to do is find out who couldn't roll last time (think there were a couple) and check their ride height to see how it compares with yours.

Good luck :)

I think you may struggle Dave, your car is pretty darn low.

Just wind it up a bit to get it on, it would be a real shame not to run it, i'm looking forward to the figures! ( it'll be nice to see a little 8v 4 cyl engine out-doing the Vr6's )

Dave took me and my wife for a 'little spin around the block' in his car last weekend, it's easily the fastest raddo i've ever been in :lol: an absolute animal, and you have to love that little dump valve sound :wink:

Yeah I think you might struggle a little. Its only the properly decked cars which are gonna have issues and i'd say yours is definately below average with regards to ride height!

If you can jack it up a little it'll definately help avoid any dissapointment on the day!

bristolbaron, cheers mate, yeah deffo up for a convoy!

I'll drop JT-G60 a line and see what he thinks, cheers.

Walesy, cheers, I think I was down on boost sunday too!

Unfortunately, I neglected to treat the coilovers and as a result, they're now stuck at the current ride hight! :roll:

But I do have a backup plan, my golf is lowered 40mm, so i could just swap the suspension! :D

Right, I've done a whole 800 miles since the head, and I've just learnt a valuable lesson:

I've known since the rolling road day in Feb that the front engine mount has been on its way out, but didn't think it was that badly gone, however I was wrong:

The engine has taken a life of it's own and has been rocking back and fourth so much, that it's split the front flexi hose on the downpipe!

Not only satisfied with making the car sound like a tractor, it's also beaten the actuator against the bulkhead and broken the bracket that holds it on, resulting in no boost and no power!

Now I've got till the 9th, to get the downpipe off, send it back to Blue Flame for a warranty job, and fix the actuator so i can take it back to Jabba for a remap.

All before the rr day!

Morale of the story....

FIX THE FU£%ING ENGINE MOUNT!!!!!

Shizzle mate, hope you get this sorted - Really want to see this car on the rollers! :)

yeah mate i wanna see it too im getting mine fixed before stealth too which is turning into a rush job!

i just done my front engine mount i got a solid bbm one of darren i really rate it and a good price!

Cheers Walesy, it's all resting on the exhaust really, it's going off today and I've put a note asking them very nicely to do it quickly!

iow_corrado_g60, glad you said that cos I ordered one off of Darren a couple of days ago! I'm getting some polyurathane crossmember bushes too, just to make sure! :wink:

Dave mate they turned mine round in 2 days so i wouldnt worry too much.

Wish i could take mine for the RR day but its just too damn far.

Well the turbo is still out of action, I've got the actuator bracket fixed, just neet to re-tap the turbo where it bolts on.

But more importantly, I have just put some new rims on the Raddo and it's looking better then ever!

They're Brock B2's 7.5 on the front and 9 on the rear!

Just gotta do a little arch modding now.......

04042006085.jpg

04042006087.jpg

040420060862.jpg

looking better mate.

Have to let us know if it drives any better, been thinking of going a litle wider outback but not 9's.

Just to mention mate seen some1 else using your genetically modified pic, you may be ok with it but it should be wrong.