Kevin Bacon

The Forced Induction VR6 thread

If it was at Stealth, I'd be well up for coming along to watch - not a VR-T but would obviously like to stick my head in and enjoy the atmosphere ;)

will may be posting in here again soon, getting a vr and been talking to c2 today.

and..... :norty:

OK chaps, I will be at Stealth on Saturday (I'll stay off the beers Friday night this time!) and I'll get a date pencilled in!

will may be posting in here again soon, getting a vr and been talking to c2 today.

and..... :norty:

also :norty: :norty: :norty:

will be watching with interest Karl! :D

I was thinking of an Autumn Weekend maybe? That way everyone will have done their summer holiday things and the ambient temperatures will be more favourable for turbos :D

of all the people - trust you to come up with that mr Haywire! :lol:

its gonna be 2.8 24v 4x4, well thats the easy bit as thats what i'm getting this weekend :) then as is the norm with nothing being standard for long it getting turbo'd.

its what i should have done with the corrado before i went with the r32, and all the rest of the shite that followed.

its gonna be 2.8 24v 4x4, well thats the easy bit as thats what i'm getting this weekend :) then as is the norm with nothing being standard for long it getting turbo'd.

its what i should have done with the corrado before i went with the r32, and all the rest of the **** that followed.

another 4wd corrado eh, and this time with a turbo... - mwahahahaha! :twisted:

looking forward to watching it progress buddy :D

its what i should have done with the corrado before i went with the r32, and all the rest of the **** that followed.

another 4wd corrado eh, and this time with a turbo... - mwahahahaha! :twisted:

looking forward to watching it progress buddy :D

TBH from the ones Ive had a 24v 4wd turbo would be epic. You being doing the work or getting someone else to do it? I would love 4wd but its also a bit of fun with 2wd as well.

Let me know what day this is going to happen as its a 450mile one way journey for me. Good excuse to get some TC and mapping done.

i will be doing the instalation myself, and hopefully the C2 software will be just fine as its been ok on yours hasn't it Graeme.

Yeah it runs fine 90% of the time. Ive still to change out the lambda probe but in terms of safe fuelling it appears to be ok. Im very tempted to get a 4mo and turbo it as I love them in the first place and I love Q cars so that would be spot on.

I'm getting warm fuzzy feelings about Bora 4 Mo Turbos again. Ultimate Q car. But I really hate the ugly bonnet and lights though! Can Golf items be fitted instead? I guess you'd need wings, lights and a bonnet and slam panel / grille etc? Erm yeah, boll0cks to that then. Might aswell get the Golf.

No, I mustn't. I think I will proceed with the 2.8 24V and 02M in the Corrado instead.

I'm getting warm fuzzy feelings about Bora 4 Mo Turbos again. Ultimate Q car. But I really hate the ugly bonnet and lights though! Can Golf items be fitted instead? I guess you'd need wings, lights and a bonnet and slam panel / grille etc? Erm yeah, boll0cks to that then. Might aswell get the Golf.

No, I mustn't. I think I will proceed with the 2.8 24V and 02M in the Corrado instead.

Yep, it's called a Gora in the scene world over on Edition 38 and this is what a fairly standard one looks like:

Gora011.jpg

Hypotheical question... if I were to hand a Corrado VR6 to a garage and say "fit me a supercharger" or "fit me a turbo" then how much would each cost? Not that I ever will do that, but just wondering :)

Assuming you mean using brand new bits, taking into account other things that would need bringing up to standard so it was more than a shoestring effort (ie. making it reliable), then i would imagine you'd be in the nearly £3k or nearly £5k bracket respectively..

Spoke to Vince on Saturday about the VRT dyno day and he's very keen on the idea.

Due to the added involvement when dynoing VRTs (traction issues on the rollers, providing water and air flow to intercoolers, VAG-COM'ing and adjustments on the day etc), we thought it best to just host it as an open invite. i.e. there will be no minimum amount of cars required, it will literally be a day of running the VRTs that turn up and then discuss the results over a coffee afterwards :D

Obviously if only 3 want to come, it's not worth anyone's while, so hopefully we can get say, 10 together, from here and the VR6OC.

I will check with Vince on the cost of the runs and a suitable date. I know Charlie is now away for a fortnight, so I'm thinking 1st or 2nd week of Sept when all the brats have gone back to school? :D

Spoke to Vince on Saturday about the VRT dyno day and he's very keen on the idea.

Due to the added involvement when dynoing VRTs (traction issues on the rollers, providing water and air flow to intercoolers, VAG-COM'ing and adjustments on the day etc), we thought it best to just host it as an open invite. i.e. there will be no minimum amount of cars required, it will literally be a day of running the VRTs that turn up and then discuss the results over a coffee afterwards :D

Obviously if only 3 want to come, it's not worth anyone's while, so hopefully we can get say, 10 together, from here and the VR6OC.

I will check with Vince on the cost of the runs and a suitable date. I know Charlie is now away for a fortnight, so I'm thinking 1st or 2nd week of Sept when all the brats have gone back to school? :D

would i be welcome on this one with my rear-driving beasty???

have had it on the rollers there before - so i know Vince won't mind...

not sure if i can make the 1st/2nd though yet due to work commitments....

Works for me, the sooner we can finalise a day the better so I can get it in the diary :)

i would like to go VW Action on the 4th and 5th to, so maybe 11th/12th or 18th/19th september be good :)

18th/19th September is kind of what I had in mind. Everyone else OK with that?

I'll do some touting on the VR6OC too....

Of course you're welcome Pete. I wanna see your Mmmmmmm5 :salute:

Not sure I'll make that.

On another subject what size bore exhausts is everyone running? Currently have 3in downpipe straight through to a single rear silencer. Starting to get a few comments about the noise level from people living near the garage plus Im wanting to go for a subtle sound so Ive been looking at options.

Would like my old Techtonics exhaust back on but thats not going to happen, been looking at the Jetex 2 box 2.5in system as well but I love the plain tailpipe of the current system.

I still have the Techtonics long central silencer from my old car (and some elses car :wink: ) as seen at the top of the pic. Im getting a 300cell CAT welded into the front section so I was thinking of getting this section put in as well i.e. 3in down to 2.5in then back to 3in for the rear section.

Anyone see issues with this or should it really be same bore throughout? My fluid dynamics knowledge has sadly passed and Im not overly fussed at loosing a few bhp. Theres plenty to go round :lol: .