Sign in to follow this  
dub envy

VR6 gearbox mount.

I've tried a search but didnt get too far...

Gixxeruk was saying about a diesel Golf mount as it's a little more hardcore than a standard one...

Anyone got a part number for the mount or model of Golf it comes from (I'm presuming it'd be a mk2??)

What are my other options? The plan is to put a nice cheap mount in for now untill I get all uprated mounts so I can replace the lot in one go with uprated poly/solid mounts.

Thanks

Rob

According to my GSF receipt - The one I bought was part number 31145 GSF part number, or 191 199 381A VW number. It's the solid rubber version of the oil-filled piece of junk you get as standard on a VR and was £8+VAT

Description was "G2/J2 1.05-1.3 84>;G3 1.4/1.6"

Was what I was told when I bought one - but I haven't fitted it yet

It doesn't look like it. From a quick look yesterday it would appear that the bracket that sits on the mount has to be removed then the mount can be changed. The bracket should fit straight back in again.

As I say, I only breifly looked at it. I thought my front engine mount had broken but the engine didnt move when i tried lifting the inlet, but when iI leant on the inet the engine lifted about 2in at the rear!! Whoops!

Heh heh, looks like a quote from me? :?

I got a garage to fit mine cos it looked like a pig of a job. When I picked it up they said that yes, indeed, it was a pig of a job. :lol:

As the guys say, it's technically difficult, it's just a pain to get to.

I did consider getting someone to do it for me - (being a techno muppet) - but glad I didn't as it was quite easy and straightforward. Main problem (apart from reaching some bolts) was getting a jack under the car. No wonder I have such problems with speed-humps!

According to my GSF receipt - The one I bought was part number 31145 GSF part number, or 191 199 381A VW number. It's the solid rubber version of the oil-filled piece of junk you get as standard on a VR and was £8+VAT

Description was "G2/J2 1.05-1.3 84>;G3 1.4/1.6"

Was what I was told when I bought one - but I haven't fitted it yet

Ordered one from VW today... £28+VAT :shock: slightly better than the £42+VAT they wanted for a standard rado mount...

Can anyone confirm that 31145 is the correct GSF part number, as I had a look online for a MK2 diesel gearbox mount and the part that seemed to tally best was 31146?

Need to know for def by fri as it's having a few things done at the Phirm (yes, i know it's an easy job but i don't have the time at the mo!)

I'm pretty sure it was the 31145 I used, and the price (under a tenner) looks right (unlike the 31146 that looks a lot more expensive)

The "oil filled piece of junk" is the only mount the succesfully prevents you listening to your aging gearbox whine like a barsteward. But yes, it's a bit sloppy, so some may prefer to switch to a solid mount.

The oil filled piece of junk also usually manages to last around 100k miles, so it can't be that bad ..