Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

EBC Greenstuff

When I first got my brakes changed on my first car (going back about 5 years now), the garage didn't tell me that they won't be as they would be once bedded in, I drove off and thought "what a cheating b@stard, he didn't even change the brakes", went back and threw a fit...... "you have to let them bed in" says the mechanic.... :oops:

You live and learn eh

So by the looks of it, the Pagid FRs seem to be really popular, glad I decided to ask here first than to just to go with the EBCs.

dinkus: Lol, you know, I think I might just do that :D

Thanks for all the advice/input fellas :thumbleft:

There's nothing like that brief moment of panic when you put your foot on the brake pedal and nothing happens...

LOL, or when you realise they dont work when your going sideways

TBH, if you're going sideways, you really shouldn't be braking cos it'll just make things worse... ;)

greenstuffs are pants on heavy cars, even more so if you use slotted rotors. Ferodos', Mintex c-techs.

fast delivery ! (next day) for gsf but what started out as £30 pads ended being £45 due to carriage and vat

oh well fitted now so i'll just bed them in

Pagids are good... but the best pads have ever used:

Ferrodo DS2500's

AWESOME!!!

I used to like the DS2000s, so I might give the 2500s a whirl when the Pagids are worn down.

dont forget the copper grease :-)

what properties has that stuff got ? i always use it where needed but i'm not too sure why

Well, I've not bedded them in yet, but they already feel a lot better than the OE ones I had before, mind you a big part to play in that could also be the fact the brake fluid was manky, so thats new too.

Can't wait till they start to bite properly :-D

forget all of these pads your on about people!

i have tried the lot that you have mentioned, Greenstuff are crap! Pagid are good but alloys get too dirty and need warming up a bit, ferodo DS2500's are good with less dust but bite aint anywhere near Mintex 1144's!!!

the Mintex 1144 pads are the dogs danglies! they dont need warming up, have an awesome bite and dont fade at all under prolonged or high speed braking!

they are fast road and race pads tho! expensive but well worth the cash! they are pretty good as far as brake dust goes too, similar to Ferodo's but with better bite.

2.9 Vr6 Mintex M1144 Pads £39.42 plus vat +p&p

they dont seem to expensive , i'll give those a shot on the next change , ta :-)

holy crap!!! i paid 97 quid exc VAT for the Mintex 1144's for the CTR!!!!!!

Yuk yuk, they saw you coming then :D

I dread to think what pads for the 288s will cost. The Pagid FR's are £43 +VAT

Got a full set of Pagid FR's going on tomorrow, but will bear the Mintie's (mmm mint) in mind for next time...

they certainly didnt rip me off Dinkus, i paid 97 quid for them without payin VAT cos my aunt runs a garage and got em on the cheap!

they are normally 117 quid for a CTR!!

2.9 Vr6 Mintex M1144 Pads £39.42 plus vat +p&p

GIXXERUK, Where is that quote from?

Cheers

Hmm the old Greenstuff, "hardly any dust given off, and what there is simply blows away". What a load of bollox, gives off as much dust as Ferodo and what DOESN'T blow away sticks like s**t to a blanket and if you have coated wheels simply burns away!!! :lol:

Oh yeah and as for low/no fade, bollox again.