Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Vince @ Stealth

Well, To be fair I'm pretty pleased!

My problems with the engine losing power was all to do with the lead that goes form HT lead for cylinder 1 to the ECU. Apparenytly it is something associated with the knock sensor and the ECU's way of figuring out which cylinder it is knocking on. Put that lead back on (took off after changing HT leads) and hey presto no loss of power, no stalling and no idling high!

Hats off to the bloke!

Furthermore he took it for a test drive and came back saying that the front bushes are likely to be worn, cos it wanders a little whilst driving! The bushes were probably worm before I got it, but since fitting the big wheels, its likely that they have exaserbated the problem.

And, he tells me that two of my ABS sensors are faulty (via fault codes on the ECU)

So, I've ordered two front wishbones, two bottom ball joints and the associated bolts etc.

I've left the ABS sensors for now, cos they are fookin expensive. Anyone suggest anywhere I might get ABS sensors from that aren't £50 (front) and £100 (rear)???

Yeah he's a good bloke is Vince.

Not had your car rolling roaded have you and the rear sensors where therefore stationery? Mind you, he would have figured that out so I'll assume not!

You can get the front sensors from ECP for about £28. I assume the rears will be cheaper than £100 from them as well.

Couldn't rolling road it, as the front bushes are worn, he said it would have jumped all over the place whilst on the rollers. He just said there were two faults codes on th ECU refering to the two sensors

You can get the front sensors from ECP for about £28. I assume the rears will be cheaper than £100 from them as well.

That seems a bit better! Would I be better getting genuine or not?

Ive got a front one sitting here waiting to go on and as far as I can tell it is a genuine ate part with the ate marking melted off.

I'd say that the faults and problems you had should make you feel all fuzzy and warm!

a lead problem is what i have too, but only 2 fault codes from the ABS sensors is good!

All seems well and curious about RRoading it to see what it turns out and if it's as good as it seems?

Chris

Yeah I'd like to no the power figures after all my hard polishing work!

I'll get those bushes done, then we should be good to go!

ABS sensors from ECP I think!

"Good to go!"

Reminds me of that film 'Contact' where what's her name is sitting in the pod ready to drop into the machine to go travel through time to meet her dear old dead dad.

Chris

Im wondering what mines going to do at stealth, i'd be well cuffed with your faults!

My WBs are well bad, but hes doing these, I guess before the RR then!

Does wheel size/dragg effect the RR output, should i put my speedlines back on the front for maximum reading coooodoss??

The wheels you have on will affect the at the wheels figure. It wont affect the engine output though and the corrected value (the one people quote most of the time) should be the same with either wheels.

Id leave on whatever wheels you drive the car with, no point changing them to get a different figure if its not even what you run on.

Can't wait. Gonna video it if he doesnt mind. Any idea how to post a vid on here? Can we do that?

I would ask him first mate, just to make sure. Some mechanics don't even like customers watching over them, let alone being videoed!

Kev, I would allways do that anyway and fair enough either way. I don't like people stould over me when im working. Would'nt have considered it but i've seen Hennies on the rollers there i think? Don;t know me though so it may be a no no.

I allways really liked that pick of yours there with the RH's on, looked well sweet.

Well for once its nice not to be disapointed! They really have lived up to the good name, I was VERY impressed.

Vince is a genious with all things C, was polite, very chatty and took the time to explain everything and show me what was going on. I now have a perfect handling, going and cambered up baby that was soooo much fun on the way home! All the guys there were very knowledgable and gave me absolutely confidence and trust in what they were doing.

My car will never be going anywhere else now.

Oh and 200.1bhp and 190lbft, more than happy with that!

I have a great AVI of my car on the rollers if anyone can tell me were i can put it ?

Nice one mate, and you've got 1 hp more than me and the same torque :thumb right:

Sorry, that was when my standard engine was dyno'd a month or so ago.

Good to hear stuff like that been without mine for three weeks now and cos im off on holiday its gonna be another month till i see her again, nice to think shes in good company (albeit expensive company :) ) tho.

I now have a perfect handling, going and cambered up baby that was soooo much fun on the way home!

Nice one Nick. You had a busy Friday afternoon then!

Did your cast/camber figures come out spot on then? My castor is out still, though it's the same both sides, and the only thing I can think of is the bottom ball joints position as culprit.

Matt, nice to put a face to the name mate and here your long road to a virtually new car now! Looked very nice indeed.

My camber isnt 100% perfect but as near as d it. Certainly feels 10 times better now. Had my wishbones replaced and a faulty new strut and then the rr set up. I was very happy but im sure one wheel still sticks out more, even though vince measured everything and confirmed my car had never been bumped!

Very happy though.

Cheers, Nick. :) Was good to natter to you about the motor too, not many people will put up with the sustained Corrado story for too long without looking at their watch ... :)

Yeah, the alignment is well worth it, isn't it? Pity it went out so badly in the first place, but unfortunately with all the work Stealth (and others) have done on my suspension in the past, it looks like it wasn't possible to get everything spot on with the tools they had at the time..

not many people will put up with the sustained Corrado story for too long without looking at their watch ...

Thats only because he sold his watch earlier in the week to pay for Corrado work...