Sign in to follow this  
Aled

Glass sunroofs

I know bigpants baby is breaking a B4 Passat saloon cos I was going to have the headlining and sunroof off him - it'll probably be a moonroof too, so worth sending him a PM...

Oh, and I must remember to let him know that I don't need the lining/sunroof...!

I asked abt having that sunroof & PM'd .. we spoke abt meeting etc, then never got a reply.. :roll:

I've got moonroofs in BOTH of my corrados... the one in H-YYU is out of a passat saloon and the one in J-DUB is out of a Passat estate. The one in J-DUB sits more flush to the roof than the saloon one, but both just bolted straight into the respective Corrado with no problems at all... no need to mess about lining it up, just slot it in, put the bolts in and off they both went with their tilt and slide actions... 8)

The estate one I paid £20 for and removed myself, the saloon one I got off a breakers yard shelf so paid £50 for (and then managed to break one of the rocker arms off while cleaning it... :roll: :oops: )

Thinking about this last night, the only problem I can forsee is with late spec cars trying to fit the passat moonroof. The bit where the motor mounts is different on the early cars and I don't know if you need to adapt the passat mechanism to get the late motor to seat properly or not, both of the ones I've done have been G60s...

Anyone know if you do need to modify anything in a late interior car or not?

cool, doesn't seem to be a problem then... Thanks for clearing that up H8RRA... 8)

ITS ALIVE!!!ok a bit too much :lol:

just wonderin how much i'm gonna be payin for the full moonroof setup?anyone got one for sale and does anyone fancy fittin it for us?just looked @ a write up on the sunroof removal an got scared :shock:

ITS ALIVE!!!ok a bit too much :lol:

just wonderin how much i'm gonna be payin for the full moonroof setup?anyone got one for sale and does anyone fancy fittin it for us?just looked @ a write up on the sunroof removal an got scared :shock:

If you get one then ill give you a hand if you like. I must have had my sunroof in/out about 50 times :roll:

cheers jbob,is it easyer than it sounds?reason i ask is that me cars goin to the bodyshop soon,i'm goin to helpin the guy with things such as takin the bumpers off and takin the sunroof out(won't slide back for paintin the roof proper) so what i though is y not get a moonroof fitted now before it goes to the bodyshop

I can't convert .PDF to anything at work... anyone else help?

I have converted it to rtf but its 2.3mb

I can email to who ever wants it.

The format has gone a little wierd during conversion but you will get the gist :lol: