A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

Any news on the Turbo plans?

Still putting in the ground work by uprating/renewing everything as i don't want any surprises later bumping up the bill for the turbo. Bought nearly everything now. Need to get a new clutch, ATB, Oil pump, rear brake compensator, rebuild the gearbox then the kit can be ordered and booked in for fitting. Not decide on the kit yet as a friend of mine maybe able to get me a hidden turbo kit as fitted to the US mk3 with smooth bay. Mark is currently doing another Corrado VR6T which is using the HGP kit he'd like me to use and the owner said i could go for a blast in it.

Its should be up and running by the the summer but the smoothbay will be next year.

Currently welding up the subframes, rebuilding driveshafts sourcing secondhand parts to polish and plate. Progress is pretty good, slower than i imagined but theres much more work than i expected. Getting there.

And you thought people wouldn't want to see it this year... :roll::lol:

yeah, really surprised and bit chuffed. Still a bit of shelf life in the ol girl yet. Just been cleaning it for the MOT on tuesday. Its not been cleaned properly since E38 just washed and covered up again. Forgot how good the MJ interior was. Needs a few chrome touches inside now to freshen it up. Not happy with the enginebay but thats where all the new work is happening so should bring it up to par with the interior, paint and ICE.

bit off topic ,but may i ask what you do when the car gets mot'd regarding side repeaters lee ? im about to mot mine and this is the first year its not got them fitted , cars beutiful by the way ,saw it at loads of shows last year and never failed to shock ,just my opinion but the lights look superb how they are (arsekissing over),thanks

bit off topic ,but may i ask what you do when the car gets mot'd regarding side repeaters lee ? im about to mot mine and this is the first year its not got them fitted , cars beutiful by the way ,saw it at loads of shows last year and never failed to shock ,just my opinion but the lights look superb how they are (arsekissing over),thanks

their taped to the wings ;-). Just freshly MOT'd today. Discovered my 2000mile old rear wheel bearing are shot again. Thats 9.5x17's for ya.

and they dont mind em just being taped up ? ,i bet that looks a bit funny such a beutiful car with side repeaters taped on !!!

and they dont mind em just being taped up ? ,i bet that looks a bit funny such a beutiful car with side repeaters taped on !!!

they just put a note on one of the forms at says repeaters taped securely to the wing. Helps that the guy who does mine is an MOT mastermind, know the book inside out.

im interested in your old wheel i have one already, took me ages to find but it has a nick in the leather.

I'll take some photo's of it for you and discuss price on PM.

lee ,could you see yourself ever parting whith the car? do you ever get a bit pee'd of with it ,like us mere mortals ?

lee ,could you see yourself ever parting whith the car? do you ever get a bit pee'd of with it ,like us mere mortals ?

Its only a car so yes i probably will sell it one day. Easy to say not sure how difficult it will be when the time comes. At the moment i'm really enjoying the work i'm doing on it, really in my element. Never thought i'd have a car to the standard its going to be this time with everything chrome. It will get to the point in the next year or so that i'll be stuck for ways to improve it and thats when i'll let it go.

Its only a car so yes i probably will sell it one day. Easy to say not sure how difficult it will be when the time comes. At the moment i'm really enjoying the work i'm doing on it, really in my element. Never thought i'd have a car to the standard its going to be this time with everything chrome. It will get to the point in the next year or so that i'll be stuck for ways to improve it and thats when i'll let it go.

What the guys over here do is just part there cars out well you guys call breaking so then people just have parts of your car. I don't think i will ever part with my car.

it must be worth a fortune though ,even without the chrome parts still to fit ,it has to be one of, if not the best corrado's in the world ,what price could you attatch to that ?? tell me to get lost if im being rude but can i ask what its insured for ??

New steering wheel on, the centre ring needs chroming but you get the idea and a pic of the old wheel. Interested to know which people prefer as the new one is on loan.

Don't like either tbh. I thought momos with exposed metal were a bit "mountney" in your opinion?

I think a nice OE one from the current crop of VAG cars would look a million times better.

Lee,

Do you have any pics of the back seat in your car. I apologise if you have posted some already, but I am at work and can't really spend the time looking through 75 pages of replies, you popular devil!!

What the guys over here do is just part there cars out well you guys call breaking so then people just have parts of your car. I don't think i will ever part with my car.

I really couldn't do that. To me thats worse than selling it.

wilkes, no comment :lol:

New steering wheel on, the centre ring needs chroming but you get the idea and a pic of the old wheel. Interested to know which people prefer as the new one is on loan.

Don't like either tbh. I thought momos with exposed metal were a bit "mountney" in your opinion?

Still think the same, but the the Momo runner is a little big at 350mm. Just fancied a change and haven't found anything i really like, prefer the padded centre look cos' its like classer and less messy if i crash.

N88WCH, i'll take a pic tomorrow an post it up for you.

Changing the topic or moving back on to it, pile of old bits to be stripped cleaned polished and chromed. Also pic of the seam welding cross member.

Still think the same, but the the Momo runner is a little big at 350mm. Just fancied a change and haven't found anything i really like, prefer the padded centre look cos' its like classer and less messy if i crash.

Christ that is a bit on the big side..... but I think your new one is slightly too small though and a bit fussy looking. I'm mega fussy with steering wheels though, which is why I'm still using the standard one.

Also pic of the seam welding cross member.

That is a class job. Well done.

I'm still using the standard one.

You can't be *that* fussy then! :)

You need a decent wheel Kev. Changing to the current 320mm Commando R makes the car so much more alive. Possible a little too lively, but you reaaally must try a chunky wheel if your a proper driver.