Sign in to follow this  
john_wintle

SWISSOL Clay Bar GB

Is anyone interested in a SWISSOL clay bar GB.

I should be able to get some 125g clay bars for £13 delivered to you.

These are HUGE and enough to do about 5 cars probably!

If anyone is interested please let me know ASAP as there are only a few available at the moment.

John.

Excuse my stupidity, but what does a clay bar do?

Isn't it to smooth out rough paint surfaces?

That's the one!

The quick and easy way to remove the muck from the paint when preping a car.

Normally comes as part of a kit, but a lot of people have been asking about them individually recently.

It is also available in a Paint Rubber Kit, and it also comes with the Shield Wax.

John.

john_wintle, Hi, it is like a normal car was in terms of bringing up a shine and smooth finish.

I mean, do you just use it as a normal polish?

No it's not like a polish at all. A normal polish will not get all the little bits of muck off the paintwork unless you rub them a lot or use a really strong cutting agent.

This gently removes the muck from the surface of the paint and it gets pulled by the action of the clay over the surface.

It is used after the car is washed and before any Cleaner Fluid (in SWISSOL speak) to get the paint surface as smooth as a babies bottom! Then when you use the cleaner fluid and apply the wax afterwards, you do it to an already smooth. bit free surface.

Quite often after you have 'polished' a car, when you go to remove the polish, you end up with little streak lines left, that have come about as the polish piles up against the 'bits' on the paintwork. Sometime these bits polish off but othertimes you end up picking them off. The clay removes them for you.

You VR would come up a treat with the SWISSOL treatment. Just ask JM next time you go and see him. He will show you if you ask him nicely....

John.

Dear all, speaking from the position of myself being a "born again" polisher, i can highly recomend the Swissol product range. My eyes were opened earlier this year when having just completed my 16VG60 engine install, my attention turned to the dust covered bodywork on my C. To say i had my work cut out was an understatement, my car had been stored up for one year as the layers bore testament. Que John Wintle( i want to direct you to a clay bar) with his miracle cure! SWISSOL. In no time at all the clay bar transformed my coachwork from Badgers Arse to babies bum. Furthermore with each new product treatment the shine just got better. Now normally one would have gone through various stages of compounding, washing, leathering dry, waxing and buffing. Hours of laborious sweaty hard graft in search of a smooth deep shine. Forget all that, get yourself sorted with a Swissol kit and see the results after much less effort, it's not trickery just honest high quality product. Personally i will not use anything else. if i was Mr Kyam i'd be buying the company! :lol:

John, I'll have one of those clay-bars, clay-bars, clay-bars!!!! (ok, I'll get me coat!) :oops: :wink: :mrgreen:

You have a PM.

Thanks all.

I am collating your details and awaiting payment. I am surrounded by clays bars (!) at the moment.......Fnahhhhhhhh, Fnahhhhhhhhh!

john

Last one to get a kit is a durty,manky old git :lol:

You called?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clay bar is 125g, enough for 5 cars at least.

You can use water, but the best results and ease, is by using the Quick Finish lube and interim detailing fluid.

HTH,

John.

BTW, all the individual clays have gone for the time being. They are available as part of the Paint Rubber Kit though...

Yes I have sent them out, for those which I have had a confirmed payment.

When did you send me you cheque? I don't remember seeing it. Nothing written in my book against you for it.

John.

Yes I have sent them out, for those which I have had a confirmed payment.

When did you send me you cheque? I don't remember seeing it. Nothing written in my book against you for it.

John.

My fault John, even though I wanted one I didn't actually get round to writing a cheque out!! DOH!! :oops:

Maybe next time, eh?............. :cry: :wink:

I would definitely recommend this stuff. Picked up a shield kit at inters and just gave the vr the treatment. Took me all of sunday but she do look good.