Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

NEED PICS Those with Audioscape Amp Racks & Profile 4 Ul

As said above can any send me some decent pics of the amp racks with the Genesis Profile 4 Ultra Amp installed. Need various pics before I decide to buy showing how it's mounted and how you get to the controls etc etc and what it looks like in the boot before I decide to buy.

Thanks

Sam

i've got a profile two, i put it on the rear of the back seats , to get to the controls i just tilt the seat a little , nice amps

Not quite what I was after though. I'm getting a Profile 4 Ultra and want to knwo how the amp rack works getting to the controls! Sorry

Page 12 of this thread

Why do you need to get to the controls? Once you've set the gains, that's it. Mount it to the car and just use the head unit to adjust the levels.

If you've got a variable crossover in the head unit, you can adjust the levels of the front, rear and sub outputs all from the driver's seat. There should be no need to keep fiddling at the amp end.

It's true - playing with knobs and pushing buttons takes up lots of my time. Just look at how much I'm on the forum!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:***

*** The above message is a joke, please do not take offensively as not in anyway intended in such a way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kev - So what you're saying is you can't get to them! Thats fine just needed to know that. You mention you've got some better quality pics?? Could you send them to me please???

Also it seems that the Rack does not fill the gap up to the panel below the boot lid (where the light cluster is. But seems like you've filled that separtely - is that the case????

Nope, not from the front!

I'll dig some pics out later.

Not sure what you mean about filling the gap. The rack follows the contours of the back panel exactly, I've just covered the exposed paint with matching carpet.

the Rack does not fill the gap up to the panel below the boot

I would have thought you would want a bit of gap in there so you can get to the lights in case you need to change the bulbs???

if that is even what you meant?

Ahhhhhhhh Kev thats what the change in the carpet piece is!!!!!!! I though it was a gap!

Now I can't decided whether to get just a profile 4 Ultra and run my front Focal 6.5 Components and Perfect 12 from and run my rear fill 6x4 Lanzar Neos from the Headunit (High Power Alpine)

Or use the Profile 4 Ultra to run the Fronts and Rear fill and use a Profile Sub to run the Perfect 12

Decisions Decisions

LOL yeah, I just thought the quality of Audioscape's trimming made the metalwork under the shelf supports look tacky. Looks a lot better carpeted.

The pics really don't do either the box or the amp rack justice..... Shame I'm not going to E38 otherwise you could have seen for yourself, never mind!

Yeah I'd go along with what James suggested mate, which is to save some money and run 1 amp (the ultra) and then run the rears from the head unit if you feel you need them. I've listened to a few ultras running 3 channel setups and they really have got a lot of punch. Double the amps is double the hassle, but it's up to you!

Just spoken to Gordon at Genesis and by putting the Profile Sub in I'm only going to see 1 or 2dB increase which is only just an audible increase so looks like 1 amp it is then!