Sign in to follow this  
saysomestuff

Engine Bay wiring

Hi all,

The wiring in my engine bay is all over the plce so i'm planning on taking everything off, cleaning it then lagging the wires all up nice and clean/watertight.

Was planning on just using a few rolls of insulation tape, just wondering if anyone's had any experience with anything better/more heat resistant.

use spira wrap it looks neat is very easy to use and comes in a multitude of colours! it also protects your wires from chaffing! im slowly doing my whole bay with it.

dazzyvr6, have you used that stuff yourself - anygood???

I think I know what spirawrap is but where do you get it from??

Any pics??

Cool - let me know how you get on...

a mate got me some industrial insulation tape but its too sticky and the glue oozes out when hot...

The original factory cloth stuff is starting to peel now on all our cars but I can see why it's used, It lasts 10 years which isn't bad but also does come off easily which helps with fault finding etc... just need a good supply of similar really!

i got some cloth tape from frost a couple of months ago but just checked catalgue and can find it its identical to the vw stuff and done my engine bay and cant tell the difference :D or the sprial rap is good but expenxive about 75p a meter depending on size i use it at work on the boats wicked stuff

The stuff i used is called self-amalgamating tape to wrap up wires, and then sleeved it with the plastic corrugated sleeving to protect it and keep it factory looking.

HTH

The stuff i used is called self-amalgamating tape to wrap up wires, and then sleeved it with the plastic corrugated sleeving to protect it and keep it factory looking.

HTH

Where can I get this self amalgamating gubbins from then boss? Halfrauds?