Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Long journeys in a Rado in a day.....

.......I did West Sussex to Cheshire and then had to nip up to Carlisle and then all the way back to West Sussex on Friday, forgot to record mileage but certainly over 700 miles - car never missed a beat

le mans to south east london...fairly long journey id say. never missed a beat and returned a pretty respectable mpg figure as well consider the abuse i was giving it.

the most ive done in the rrado was the costa blanca to andora about 600 kms no probs nice trip up the pyranees

but in my old mk2 gti i did cardiff to toulouse that was a trek iirc about 900 miles or so ! once again no probs the mighty dub cant fault em

(woohoo 100 posts)!!

The first weekend I had the Campaign I drove up to Scotland (West Coast) and around, then back in three days I did about 1500 miles - Good initiation to VR6 ownership :)

York to Le Mans and back in the 2l valver was fun. About 2000 miles in a few days, but fantastic fun :-) Mmmm..Autoroutes :cool:

Try not to do long distance in the Corrado, did Stourbridge to Oxford and back today, 140 miles to play cricket, I am mad. Generally use the Mk2 Golf Gti to rack the miles up.

However, best in a day was in my first car, a 1.0l Polo breadvan, Midlands to Newcastle, do an exam at Uni, then back again all in the same day, 460 miles with 45bhp, to be fair i did not know any better at the time and that car really did me proud.

You're all pansies.

1200miles in one day. Charlottetown -> Toronto (well Newmarket actually).

Then the same journey again 3 days later (again, in a single day) and both trips on a bodged top-rad hose :D

Not in my C, or with me driving tho, the credit there goes to chimo 8)

Well, if we are talking long journeys in one day in a car that is not necessarily a Rado I have done south of Florence to Surrey in one day, two fuel stops and the Eurotunnel - remember it being just over 1300 miles. Including stops it took 16 hours - the following day had to do a 450 round trip to Cheshire which was far more stressful than the previous days journey - driving in the UK is awful compared to the rest of Europe