Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Slim fast

I'd quite like to lose a bit of weight from my C, without spending hideous amounts of money on CF etc. I also dont want to ruin the original look of either the interior or exterior. Has anybody done anything like this? Ive spent the last 20 mins searching for posts and threads but to no avail. I've considered stripping the rear, removing bench and all that, but its just OTT for me.

well you're not going to be able to save much weight without removing stuff from the car! :lol: all i can think of other than the things you've said are OTT is removing the sound deadening from under the carpets etc, but i really dont think thats going to help much.

Ok, so forget what i said. If i wanted to lose weight how would i go about it? Completely strip out all the door cards, rear bench, sound deadening, plastic trim ect?

Well if you wanted to really lose some weight, I'd strip all of the interior, including spare wheel, rear seats, door cards, carpet, plastic trim, headlining, sunroof and sound deadening, stick some lightweight buckets in instead of the lardy standard seats, get a CF bonnet, replace the fuel tank with a smaller one and never fill it, put lightweight alloys on.

This is probably a good gauge of a stripped C... ;) http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27726

shirly rear door cards and trimmings like that cant really make much difference tho?...not exactly really heavy stuff?...

perspex windows would help too, all that glass cant be light!

shirly rear door cards and trimmings like that cant really make much difference tho?...not exactly really heavy stuff?...

it all adds up though, they may not be heavy on their own but a pile of doorcards topped with a carpet and a seasoning of plastic trim works out at a hefty lump for the engine to be dragging around.

It's still a few kilos and if you're stripping the car, you might as well strip the car.

It does bring about the question of why though...

yeah..thats what i mean...i cant see taking a few kilos off being that noticeable in performance...im sure theres more effective ways of increasing performance...i would consider stripping the car if it was going to be for track use only....maybe......but it seems a bit pointless for a daily driver....

I really dont want to "chav" it, believe me, but being new to this game Im just trying to gauge what people have done to optomise their performance without spending a shedload as at the moment i dont have a shedload! It is a daily driver too, so stripping isnt really an option, as i have no plans to track it.

But thanks for your input. :lol: