Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

MPG 24v vs 12v V6

Nice one! Must be the reduced weight and reduced transmission loss (you're not running the AWD transmission are you?)

Your car was stunning when I saw it a year ago, must be absolutely awesome now :)

Does that mean you'll be scaring the living bajeebus out of me on Saturday then Kev? :D

With any luck I'll be scarying myself aswell :lol:

No 4WD yet. Happy with the Quaife Diff so far.

Its definately not looking awesome at the moment!! Its got half an interior with wires everywhere, needs a damn good clean and has some "runabout" wheels on it.

However hopefully over the next 4 weeks it will get back to its old self.

Jay

Does that mean you'll be scaring the living bajeebus out of me on Saturday then Kev? :D

With any luck I'll be scarying myself aswell :lol:

Superb 8) :D

Nice one! Must be the reduced weight and reduced transmission loss

ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! will everyone give over with the transmission loss garbage!

I tell you what when I get mine on the road we will see exactly how much the transmission losses are worth.

Please do - and I'm not being sarky! I'm looking for a 4Motion and I couldn't really care too much about transmission losses, as far as I'm concerned it's a price worth paying for AWD.

Pity no-one built a proper rear-wheel-drive Corrado ..

Perhaps I should get the spanners out and show you how it's all done... ;)

(Mainly by loaning them to a mechanic and giving him lots of cash I would imagine :) )

ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! will everyone give over with the transmission loss garbage!

I tell you what when I get mine on the road we will see exactly how much the transmission losses are worth.

I tell you what, I reckon there's quite a bit of transmission loss with 4WD you know..... :lol:

Are you going off the MFA reading? jay, you won't be running the same size wheels/tyres as a mk4 surely? so the speedo will be out of calibration, and thus, so will the MPG indicator. and you can't even work it out as you still don't really know how many miles you are REALLY doing (i.e. your wheels are too small, so you're not actually going as far as your speedo thinks you are, therefore you mpg is probably crap).

no idea what mine does. manges about 230 miles on a tank full, but a syncro tank is only about 50 litres I think?

manged to get 130 miles out of a tank, to donnington, round the track for 20 mins, and them it was empty! (but the hole melted int he side of it might have contributed to that).

I'll let you know what my 4 motion does when I get it on the road.