Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

Scratches on sunroof?

This is an extract from the buyers gouide thread

Sunroof – does it tilt and slide. Any scratching to the paint on the external side of the sunroof

Can somone please elaborate the scratches part, mine has got one or two small ones on the roof not the sunroof but in a straight line.........maybe im bieng a bit paraniod

They're talking about the water plate guide wearing out, causing the sunroof panel to gouge on the roof support straps as it slides back. Usually always only occurs on the passenger side.

Even in a well setup and maintained roof, the clearance between the roof panel and the support straps is a couple of mm. It's very tight.

as kevhaywire, says the its usually due to wear in the waterplate guide and it causes the roof to rise to early (not be held down ) so its crapes inside the roof leaving deep scratches on the passenger side of the sunroof

not nice :-(

This is exactly what has happened to mine, its got a 1 inch gouge on the passenger side of the sun roof. anyone know if there are parts available to fix it or would it be easier to replace the full sun roof?

This is exactly what has happened to mine, its got a 1 inch gouge on the passenger side of the sun roof. anyone know if there are parts available to fix it or would it be easier to replace the full sun roof?

If you've got £500 spare, you can replace the entire subframe and get your panel resprayed, but most people just replace the worn parts, but either way it's a headlining down, subframe out job. Not the nicest of Corrado jobs I have to say, but worthwhile to get rid of the cringe factor when you operate the roof.

And yep, mine's gouged too.... I call it Corrado Character, LOL!

Ahwell its a gud job i havent needed to use it for a while due to the gud ol

british weather. lol :lol:

I noticed that mine is scratched so i only use the tilt function now, bit annoying but better than chewing chunks out of my car... :roll:

mine is scratched, but using the search im struggling to find the info to fix it, if theres parts involved ill need them before i startt work, the car is already completlly stripped bear including the headlinging anyway.

also, does the cloth come off the sunroof? havent checked yet, persume it does easily enough>?

generally the scratching on the passenger side sunroof lid is due to the waterplate guides beeing worn

below is a pic of the said item , you can see this from inside the car if you tilt the roof

the cut out is a guide and you will see that it is widened due to wear (compare it with the drivers side or the pic)

hth

generally the scratching on the passenger side sunroof lid is due to the waterplate guides being worn

below is a pic of the said item , you can see this from inside of the car if you tilt the roof

the cut out is a guide and you will see that it is widened due to wear (compare it with the drivers side or the pic)

hth