Sign in to follow this  
Dutch24V

Helmet resonator

(...the 5 inch long cone in the top part of the airbox)

I replaced mine last night after removing it about 5 years ago - and I'm soooo glad I did!!

With it back on the throttle feels much more responsive and picks up quicker across the rev range. She pulls harder and smoother between 1-3000 rpm too. I really noticed the difference in thottle response and pull at lower revs on the motorway. The noise is much more refined too. Without it she 'burbled' below 3000 and now the note is deeper and sharper (if I can put in into words.) :?

Dutch

:)

...remarkably replacing this cone also appears to have ironed out a very small idle issue I still had remaining since replacing the TPS & MAF last month.

Since fitting those items she no longer stalled but sometimes still dropped below 500 temporarily when clutching at lights etc. She doesn't do that any more and stops bang on 650ish everytime (touch wood) 8)

Dutch

on a serious note doe it restrict the airflow a bit? if so perhaps thats what your car needed less air?! if you had a standard chip in it may not have coped to well.

sorry! :wink:

...you got a gf billinjahg60? :D

...but on a serious note, It would appear to restrict air flow a little as it's slightly conical in shape - and at the moment it's the original mapping.

Hmmm, I'm waiting on an enlarged and flowed TB from Ian/Alpina??? so guess I'll find out soon enough. Hopefully not but then again I'm planning to fit the VSR and unichip remap at the same time (which was mapped on Asims VR with the VSR and an enlarged TB on it), so hopefully it won't cause a simular problem!?

Dutch

you got a gf billinjahg60

lol!

i know little about vr's in particular but it sounds like you will be ok when you get the unichip in there.