Sign in to follow this  
cubed

how low?

would anybody be able to enlighten me on the ideal height drop for my c? the previous owner has lowered it with just springs, in my opinion its a little too low and has an unforgiving ride! would it be an idea to put uprated shox in or a full kit? the front wheels sit snug in the arch at the mo so could perhaps do with going up a few mil.

any suggestions? thanks!

I think -40mm or so is best for handling. I had Eibach springs, and Koni shocks on my G60 when I first bought it (not sure how much it was lowered, but it was around -40mm) the handling was excellent, and the ride wasn't harsh - was a lot better than the setup I have now, but then I like low cars 8)

the harsh ride could be down to a large drop on stock shocks, they're just not designed to be used with short springs so wont cope too well. uprated shocks would probably help, most people say koni top adjustable shocks with H&R springs are the perfect combination, although that setup is a bit pricey.

as for the ideal ride height, its all down to your preferance! mines dropped 60mm which i personally think looks just about right, not too low to be totally impractical but still looks good and improves handling.

anybody got a picture of they,re corrado lowered on 17s? could you let me know how much its dropped tryin to decide how much to drop it! cheers boys n girls!

It's carp quality... but here's a shot of mine dropped 60mm on 17's! It's an Apex sport kit (shocks and springs) that used to be on Furk's G. I think the ride height is spot on and it isn't much harder than standard kit...

that looks about spot on! ive a suspicion ive cracked a spring so i,l do the lot! need to sort the ride anyway, far too harsh!

if your splitter can chop the heads off ants then you've got it right! (sorry just spent the weekend with furks and bally!)

:lol: Bill.. be brave & slam it! :D

60mm is jus perfect for everyday pottering around 80mm on 17's is a bit hardcore but driveable.... can catch slightly in full lock depending on offsets...

or be brave

Dscf0006.jpg

It's carp quality... but here's a shot of mine dropped 60mm on 17's! It's an Apex sport kit (shocks and springs) that used to be on Furk's G. I think the ride height is spot on and it isn't much harder than standard kit...

This is quite a match! LOL

A Corrado next to the gas station! :lol:

been tryin to get hold of a -60mm apex kit and noone seems to stock em! just spax kits which have heard arnt too great! in a bit of a spin!!

so many kits not enough info :(

can anybody recomend any other options??

ta!!

80mm aint hardcore furks.. lol.. myns alot lower than 80mm lol

try venom motorsport m8..

the info was for intelligent humans,,,, not mad monky's like us :lol:

no,,, sorry can see a gap between the spoiler and the ground :lol:

can refer you to bally, fo his opinion :lol:

well,seems like the only kit i can get @-60mm for a 16v is the venom edition kit. anyone had experience of em? i suppose at 200 sheets can you go wrong?

its either that or fk highsports at twice the price!!

apexonly do a 60 drop for the vr, :brickwall:

get coilovers,,, FK AK coilovers can be found now for £280 and their very good i used to have some...these lower up to 80mm

I bought some venom springs for my rado in the 1st wk I bought it as I hated the 4x4 stance.. drove fine for the 6months I ran em for..

only seen those fk ak,s today for £310 seemed too good to be true for that price! i wandered if they might be a bit ropey? lol!

but now youve said that i,m considering them!!!

gotta be better than it is at the mo! the backs to high and the ride compresses the spine!! :lol:

where for £280??

I found the back never sat in the arches.. if you've got the money go for the coilovers...

think furks got it coilovers from german ebay...