Sign in to follow this  
Mikehabis

How much should I sell my 40K Corrado (2 owners from new) fo

Hi everyone- I bought my VR6 from new 3/12/1993, ran it for 3 years, had a family, sold it to a friend who polished it and drove it minimally, then bought it back 2 years ago. Great engine, bodywork fine but paintwork beginning to look like it needs professional polishing up. Upgraded alarm and amplifier with big speakers in the back. As you've probably guessed I'm no expert on the details, but the car is in fine fettle and i have no clue whether it's worth £4000 or £8000.....

It hasn't had any repairs to my knowledge, certainly just services and MOTs in the last 2 years, full history of course.

any questions or any advice?

Thanks

Mike

From what you've said I'd say somewhere in the £5k - £6k region, but it depends very much on condition, how urgently you want to sell and who comes along with the money.

Has it got leather and/or Recaros (they're electrically adjustable if they're Recaros)?

Some pictures will be your best help in selling it...

If it's got minty leather, then I'd agree that it's going to be in the £6k+ ball park...

Colour?

Don't sell yourself short though. Certain traders on here are asking near £8k for excellent condition low mileage VR's.

Moonlight Blue. I think I'll get it professionally valeted etc 'cos the paintwork is looking tired. I'm lazy with the rag...

Yeah, a good professional valet should only cost about £75 and will add at least a few hundred, if not more, onto the price you can ask...

But yeah, I'd start it at £7k if you're confident in it...!

Hi everyone- I bought my VR6 from new 3/12/1993, ran it for 3 years, had a family, sold it to a friend who polished it and drove it minimally, then bought it back 2 years ago. Great engine, bodywork fine but paintwork beginning to look like it needs professional polishing up. Upgraded alarm and amplifier with big speakers in the back. As you've probably guessed I'm no expert on the details, but the car is in fine fettle and i have no clue whether it's worth £4000 or £8000.....

It hasn't had any repairs to my knowledge, certainly just services and MOTs in the last 2 years, full history of course.

any questions or any advice?

Thanks

Mike

i take it by full history you mean.......serviced at least once every year regardless of miles :wink:

Definitely- I get the impression my friend spent more time cleaning, admiring and servicing it than driving it. I sold it to him with about 28k on, and bought it back 7 years later with 36k!!

Im sure I speak for many on here when I say top colour, too, Mike.

Make sure you get max price!

reallywantavr6 said

Guys - your not helping me here

Sorry, man. :oops:

It's only right, though, that our visitor gets a fair price if it happens to be a fine example.

Now that you have an idea of value, could we have a proper for sale thread please?

Otherwise it seems a bit like doing away with the need to add a selling price, which everyone has to adhere to.

Will post a For Sale thread now I have an idea of value-sorry if I'm 'jumping protocol'. I'll take pics this week and move to the Selling Forum, thanks for everybody's rapid responses, btw how do I find peoples pm's?

Clicky on the link that says "you have x new messages" just under the banner at the top of the page.

You should also get a popup window telling you that you have new PM (if your popup blocker isn't blocking it that is ;) ).

I shall lockaroo this thread for now then, but good luck with the sale :D