Sign in to follow this  
juloesG60

A v.unhappy G60 idle! driving me crazy! Please help!

Just celebrated a year with my C, and as an anniversery present its decided to play up, nice! Basically i first realised the problem driving about 75mph along the M4 when the revs had a little hic-up and i just thought perhaps bit of bad fuel, then started doing it a bit more often and have spells. Until now where it happens pretty much all of the time, reving at idle between stalling and 1500rpm, and when driving aroung 1000rpm in movement making it a complete pig to drive, obviously! First thing i have read and thought was ISV so after being defeated at taking it off sent it to the garage to be cleaned along with the knock sensor being replaced. But no luck, so then moved on and replaced the front blue temperature sensor with again no change. So now getting a little frustrated and narrowing it down to perhaps the idle switch which when pressed with the throttle open mimics the problem, but not sure how feesable? or perhaps lambda sensor? What seems to cure the problem, or at least stop it is disconnecting and reconnecting, the plug from on the left hand side of the ISV, which i think goes from ISV to ECU?!

ne ideas would be great thanks, sorry a bit long

p.s dosent seeem to be tempreture related

ye i think iv tried that, is that the same as the idle switch, if u open the throttle and click it, it causes the engine to mimic what the problem is, is that what u mean?

i had a similar problem once, idel was up and down and when excelarating under load/boost it kangerooed. don`t know it that sounds the same but i discovered that the idel screw on the t/b had snaped off, swopped over for a secondhand t/b and was fine. g60 supercharged...

also had a prob with an old golf, turns out it was the fuel resevoir, little can type thing that returns excess fuel to the tank, think it had dirt in it. hope that can use that to sort the prob..

are all the basics ok m8?

ignition timing and c.o mixture?

to me it sounds like either an air leak or a dodgy injector,maybe a slightly leaky one?

not much help,but a free bump :)

neil.

ignition timing and c.o mixture?

to me it sounds like either an air leak or a dodgy injector,maybe a slightly leaky one?

Was a problem with timing being off previous, so possibly and the idea with the injectors is a new one, and might not be far off

il check tonight, thanks

Check the wiring to the multiplug on the back of the throttle body as the wires here are directly above the exhaust manifold and get brittle. Also check all the vacuum lines as these could cause similar problems if they're split or leaking...