Sign in to follow this  
GinaG

respray costs? is this a good price?

The drivers door on my corrado has a nice spinning football mark and a dint in it and unfortunatley, the passenger side got hit by a flying object on the motorway last year. This scrached from the front wing and also the whole side of the car and smashed my wing mirror to bits. :(

So got the passenger side resprayed non-professional last year and got a new wing mirror off the auto-trader scrap-site links, but it looks pooh.

I have been to get a quote for both sides of the corrado which was £250 but he said he'll do the bonnet and grill as well for £320.

Is this a good price :?:

Went there yesterday and seen the cars he was doing that day, they looked ok to me, better than my non-prof spray job (as far as i could tell) and they are recommended by the company i work for. I just wasnt sure if the price was ok and dont wanna get ripped off because im a girl !!

Price sounds good.

Might be worth asking how much more a full respray would cost? might only be a few quid more bearing in mind the quote given is for quite a few panels??

was thinking that myself when i was telling my dad about it.

Cheers lads for all answering, cant wait to get it done. Hate washing it at the moment coz i get depressed looking at that ball mark on my door, looks much better dirty!!

Cheapest quote ive had for a rear bumper bonnet chips and one rear pannle was knocking on a grand, so this seems too cheap to me!

If his works up to scratch thouigh bite his arm off! (after he's sprayed your car)

Yeah, seems way too cheap to me, it all depends on the finish you want though.

Although NO, maybe there is such a thing as a BARGAIN!

I assume the bloke is doing it "on the side" so lets hope you've had a result.

Hope it works out.

I had a bonnet resprayed, rear quarter panel incl some panelwork and a big chip in roof sorted for £320 - top class job, guy does lots of custom work and McLaren F1 exhibition cars

I had a bonnet resprayed, rear quarter panel incl some panelwork and a big chip in roof sorted for £320 - top class job, guy does lots of custom work and McLaren F1 exhibition cars

sounds like we use the same guy then..... i would never use anyone else for my paint even if he is a miserable git... :lol:

hi

it also depends if its a solid or met paint a lot more work if its met or pearl.

its a good price though make sure the preps good or it will still look bad.

fiona

Cheapest quote ive had for a rear bumper bonnet chips and one rear pannle was knocking on a grand, so this seems too cheap to me!

If his works up to scratch thouigh bite his arm off! (after he's sprayed your car)

well im sorry..but you have been taken for a good ride with that quote..work it out..to do that job it would take about 1.5-2 litres of paint,which even if it was deltron paint it would only cost £100 tops for the paint plus £10 for the primer so that means for your qout labour alone would of been £800+,people wrongly assume that a cheap quote =a shit job,but you are completely wrong..fair enough if you got a quote from pvs but not everyone charges like them

When i stripped down my corrado i got the roof sprayed,both sides,back end,badge holes welded up,1 front wing,inner shuts,all for 850 euro,herbert's/standox original Vw paint used,they even gave me half a litre ofspare paint for touch-ups.

I got mine repainted by John Card for around £650. Would thoroughly reccomend his work to anyone in the Plymouth area.

Other day a friend had her colour coded door handle nicked and he sprayed the replacement for free as I was/had been a customer and charged very little for fitting it. Million times better than the £150 quote from Renault!

Only regret with respraying my car is that I have noticed every single door bash/bonnet chip :cry: still well worth doing