Sign in to follow this  
SteveVPK

Off the road

My c is off the road again :roll: ,

got my Corrado about 7 months ago and planned to use it as my daily driver but over the last 2 months it’s been to the garage 3 times now and off the road nearly 4 weeks :cry:

Getting disheartened and starting to feel like the only time I get to drive it is to and from the garage

What'sthe average amount time your c spends off the road :?:

mine sits in the garage most of the week

comes out on a wednesday night, and maybe on a saturday or sunday dependant on the weather. but it needs a tune up

Know the feeling. I'm fortunate or crazy enough to have 3 cars, all Karmann coupes (type 53s) and not to have to use any as a daily driver, although for the more mundane tasks the Rado soes get pulled out most, whereas the Roccos simply stay in their dry garages :-)

Has a fair amount of DIY repairs on my Rado, and some annoying garage visits.

Tempest

I use my C as a daily driver, and have been lucky enough to do so for the year and a bit since I've had it. The only time it's needed garage attention, I've been able to drive it there, and pick it up the same day. Touch wood, fingers crossed etc....

I've had mine 8 years and have never been without it. Starts every time (except after 2 weeks holiday = flat battery or leaving interior light on = flat battery).

Is as good as a daily drive as she's my only car but I take pity on her and don't crawl into Bristol city centre every day.

115K miles and hopefully going strong.

Stealth service on Monday so fingers crossed

Myns a daily driver hence the dented bodywork, stones chips etc..

still cars are to be driven, not to park them up & polish them allday long!

Mine was off the for 4 months 6 weeks after i got it and a couple of times since, even the guy at the local garage suggested i sell it even though i suspect my business was paying his mortgage. Still, it builds character!

Have never had to take either of mine 'off the road' properly.. any work I ever needed doing was sorted during the day when I was at work so can't really say i've ever had any major grief!

Mine was off the road for over a year and a half due to massive running problems!!! It's now got a new bottom end and a re-built head and still won't run right :roll:

the guy who has done all the work has raised his hands and said that he can't solve the problem (he spent 3 weeks fault finding!) and it now has to go visit Vince with the hope he can make it happy once again - if he can't I'm cutting it up with an angle grinder and dancing on it's broken shell :mrgreen:

So... I can totally sympathise with your situation I just hope it doesn't cost you the £3K it's cost me!!!

My car was off the road when i bought it 18months ago, with a bolox'd engine, took me 2 weeks to fix it before i could even drive it for the first time :D luckily it hasn't let me down since (looks for some wood) anything that needed fixing i've done over night or at a weekend, so not really been put out.

Umm... J-DUB was off the road for around 6 months after the bottom pulley bolt sheared... and has now been off the road since Oct 28th when someone crashed into her... She WILL be back on the road soon though...

H-YYU has had about 6 weeks off the road since I got her in late January, but 3 of those I was out of the country while someone I know did some bits and pieces for me (you'll see what at/after E38 ;) ) Normally I use her as my daily driver adding 300+ miles a week... 8)

The VR is coming off the road at the end of september for some engine work (No Alex you can't put a turbo in there).

Going to wait till after december to put her back on the road (I'll be 25 then and hopefully insurance might be cheaper !!)