Sign in to follow this  
StormVR6

What's the rarest car you've ever seen?

Now please, this can't include car shows etc, just rare cars you have spotted whilst out for a drive.

I'll start the ball rolling with mine: Aston Martin Zagato coupe, driving on a dual carriageway towards the M25 Chertsey. I wouldn't consider this a beautiful Aston but nonetheless very rare, only 52 coupes built!

erm..... Porsche Carrera GT

drove past my dad and i when i was visiting my family in Tennessee at christmas!

sounded wild! 8)

Alex

Ferrari Enzo at Le Mans this year, but I suppose that's almost cheating.

There's an Alfa SZ that lives between work and the pub, and they get it out every so often in the summer - very cool looking, and about one thousand ever made.

Ferrari Enzo at Le Mans this year, but I suppose that's almost cheating.

There's an Alfa SZ that lives between work and the pub, and they get it out every so often in the summer - very cool looking, and about one thousand ever made.

Cheating? Bloody right it is!! :lol:

Yeah the Alfa SZ, mad, mad car, it is rare, but the RZ (convertible) is rarer still, about 240 built.

Yeah, very cool. The SZ is one of the few cars I might consider 'graduating to' in the future, although no doubt they are expensive. I dunno, somehow they feel like they have the same attitude as the C - a bit quirky coupe, not too popular when meybe they should have been?

Does a Peugeot 205 Roland Garros convertible count, seeing as there were only 250 made? ;)

Saw a Ferrari Enzo near Farnborough about 5 months ago - and I thought I was dreaming! Damn sure it was actually an Enzo, no other has that bonnet shape... Seen a Porsche 959, but that was parked at a car dealers in Bramley, so I guess it doesn't count! They also had a 1970s Ferrari (can't remember which model) that was one of only 7 RHD convertibles ever made... Seen a genuine F40 around Guildford, but they made about 1300, so not that rare!

Talking of the 959, I followed one on the M25 (in heavy traffic, admittedly) for about 10 miles a few years back. The irony was, I was in my g/friend's Skoda Estelle 130 at the time, a few months before I blew it up!

Jeremy's Corrado Campaign.. they only ever made 6 of em, and theres now only about 4 left.

Yeah, so it might just be a Corrado compared to the likes of Astons, etc.. but unique (for the Corrado) paintwork and that mental interior.. worth a mention I feel.

ferrari enzo

bugatti eb110

jaguar xj220

varous lambos

all at the supercar sunday in june at gaydon

even had a drive in a gallardo

what an experience that was

I've seen a Lamborghini Gallardo at the top end of Coventry twice now.. once ripping through the old high street in Kenilworth (last weekend) and then driving down into Earlsdon again last night.. stunning.. even at night, there is no mistaking what it is!

saw a lambo diablo jus off marble arch last year and stopped to get a good look and another diablo drove past the opp side of the road and that was a lamborghini diablo SE 1994/95 edition one of something like 250

also seen a couple of noble m12 GTO tarmac edition's on park lane and one at a VW dealer at Gatwick

can also find lots of exotic cars outside the JAJA BAR in Crawley like:

Bentley Continental

Ferrari's

Lamborghini Murciélago and Diablo

Hummer

Range's

Porsche 993 Turbo

the owner def has expensive tastes

Also saw a Spoon (???) RX-7 and a mini cooper "works" edition on the way back from G-werks Yesterday

last week i saw a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo on the m62 and a lambo countach on the m6 the sound was awesome as he backed of the throttle , pop, pop ,pop

rarest was probably an RS200 in london a few years back :-)

well a friend of mine has a DMC DeLorean and his brother has a Lambo Countash

well i went to fill up the otyher day and a Ferrari on a old "L" plate came in aswell...female driver it was..no wingmirrors and no reverse lights!!!!

have no idea what it was tho..sounded nice

Not sure how rare they are but when I lived up north there was a guy down the road with an old Datsun 240z, only one I've ever seen.

Oh, and there's a garage about 1/2 a mile from me that has a DeLorean sat in the window (not for sale, just sat there looking cool), nice motor but a bit of a let down when you sit in it and realise there's no flux capacitor behind the seats :(

well i went to fill up the otyher day and a Ferrari on a old "L" plate came in aswell...female driver it was..no wingmirrors and no reverse lights!!!!

Probably a Dino or maybe a Daytona?

I had a little race once with a 275 GTB, the V12 engine sounded amazing, and it still went very well, although a bit smokey!!

Probably a Dino or maybe a Daytona?

I had a little race once with a 275 GTB, the V12 engine sounded amazing, and it still went very well, although a bit smokey!!

very smart you ae!!!

yea was a dino, looked exactly like this http://www.carsfromitaly.com/ferrari/wa ... l_800.html

Saw a nissan cube this morning, had to look twice because i thought they weren't being sold in europe, have also seen an arial atom and an assortment of ferraris but they all look the same to me.

Yes the Ferrari Dino, although never sold as a Ferrari (if you see one with the Ferrari badge, it's been added) now go for £70,000 in mint condition!!

A mechanic friend of mine has one is very good condition and it has been valued at £50,000+ :o

There's actually two in bristol! common as muck! One on brynland ave, and another that hoons up park st.

Saw a Pagani Zonda in london a couple of years ago, fairly rare.

My boss has just sold his maserati 3200 assetto corsa, one of 75 limited edition - he's just upgraded to a quattroporte.