Sign in to follow this  
StormVR6

What's the rarest car you've ever seen?

I used to work for a historic rally team, and had to look after various group b rally cars in a 'museum', including a ford rs 200, audi sport quattro s1 and lancier 037. I was only 18 at the time, and got to warm them all up once a week, I was in heaven...!

Ah, the M1... 8)

Agreed. I actually changed my route home to follow it a bit longer. :lol:

Prob one of the rarest cars ive seen about (Not at a show) is a Renault 5 GT Turbo Convertable. Only a handful made.

just seen (or rather heard) a Lambo Diablo drive thru the village i live in! I mean, they dont come much samller than where I live, and theres a Diablo!! Unreal noise! gotta love it!

Do the cars from the Gumball 3000 last year in London and Paris the year before count, went to see them off (wasn't tecnically a show!)

Or the rarest car in the world, that I have not yet seen - a "nice" Citroen Saxo!!

Or the rarest car in the world, that I have not yet seen - a "nice" Citroen Saxo!!

you'll never see one mate, they don't exist!

:lol: Try telling the people of Basingstoke that mate!! - they seem to think the things are amazing (especially with 1 real and 3 other fake exhausts out the back! :scratch: :roll:

Saw a mint Porsche 914 on the streets of Paris a month ago - never seen one in the flesh and it actually looked quite nice. A couple of months back also spotted a De Tomaso Pantera in London- pretty rare super car beast too!

Rarest car prior to that that sticks in memory is a offroad lambo I think it was called the LM002 - unbelievably ugly - can't believe they signed it off for production. Saw it back in the 80's!

Ok I saw this at the start of the Gumball last year (similar to show I guess), but does anyone know what car this is because, I don't have a fappin clue! :scratch:

Not sure if it actually took part (can you imagine doing 3000 miles in those seats!!) as I saw it well after everybody had left London, but it sounded incredible! :thumb right:

Ford, like this one mate? (again from last years Gumball)

Yep that is she! Maybe not so rare after all - just that I have not seen one since - wonder how many they made?

Ford, like this one mate? (again from last years Gumball)

Yep that is she! Maybe not so rare after all - just that I have not seen one since - wonder how many they made?

There were about 300 of them made, apparantly they're pretty nippy though (V12 countach engine)

Spotted a Mercedes Mclaren SLR in Glasgow city centre on Saturday. Stunning in the flesh on the road and sounded awesome! Only other time I've seen one is at a car show on a platform. No pic I'm afraid but then I'm sure we all know what it looks like.

Theres a Delorean that I see once in a while around my area. I also saw a real nice muscle car a few years back that I have never seen before or again, but my brain isnt working very well at the moment. Ill have to get back on that one. It was blue....damn.

Just looked it up... I knew it was a Ford. It was a Pantera. Also, saw a Lamborghini Countach on the way to work about 8 years ago.

I saw a GT40 last week. One of the old ones. Just sat at the traffic lights by work. Was loverly.

I used to work in a petrol station in York and saw a few rare beasts including a GT40 and a delorean. It was near to Elvington airfield and York dragstrip so there was alway cool cars coming in on a weekend.

Went to the 'Cars of the stars' museum in Keswick last summer and saw a batmobile, actual Back to the future delorean and Delboys 3 wheeler. The guy that owns the museum uses the batmobile! 8)