Sign in to follow this  
StormVR6

What's the rarest car you've ever seen?

Saw a brand new GT40 just South of Salisbury the other day! It was blue with the white stripes just like Clarkson's!...maybe it was Clarkson. Didn't they only make about 100 for the UK market?...if so, that's pretty rare!

Saw a Ultima GTR think theyre called on the M42 about 3 years ago sounded proper race car.

I'll see if I can find out if VW at Milton keynes are planning on having another Veyron on display in their foyer, last I heard they were planning to repeat the exercise of a couple of months ago.

Ford no longer own the rights to the GT40 name, they sold it to JW Automotive back in the 80's so the new GT40 is officially labelled the GT, wouldn't be right to call it the GT40 anyway, its 2" taller than the original

Nothing mega rare I suppose - wouldn't mind a look around / sit in a Bugatti Veyron tho!!! Saw an original GT40 and a new Ford GT on to and on the way back from the Germany trip last year. They were at the ferry terminals both times and looked superb! Sounded ok too! ;)

Of course i've also seen Jeremy B's Corrado Campaign.. only 5 of those in the world you know! ;)

The Veyron at MK was sat next to a Gallardo SE and Murcielago, the quality of the Bug was incredible, mind you I'd expect it to be at the price, apparently the 2007 spec cars are going to be subject to a 100k Euro price increase.

Would love to have a look round one.. and a drive in one! I bet its just phenominal. I sort of imagine it to be VW OEM++++++++++ having seen some of the stuff on Top Gear of it - I noticed a number of logos on the dash system were the same as on my Golf!

Wonder if you can buy parts for it off ETKA...? :)

green aston martin db9 with the no plate 008 on m27 just out side southampton about a year ago , yep i did look for rocket launchers and machine guns and some one chasing it , but there was none of it , very disapointing really :mrgreen:

sat in 1 of senna's formula one cars before, does that count as being rare???? and seen a load of ferraris in london 355's f40's 360 etc, bloke up the road had a lancia delta integrala (spelling is poo) seen shelby gt500 as well, dam the noise on those is sweet and i've drove a standard corsa and a standard saxo as well, now thats uber rare is it not??? lol also used to sort of know a guy who raced a bmw 2002 back in the early 90's, now that thing did shift!!!

Today i saw for the first time a very special VW Golf MKII 1.8L 16V Silverstone Editon.

It has a badge in the passenger side with the build number which was 630 in this case.

Is this also rare over UK?

saw an slr the other day in our village,, also see loads of concept astons around the place being so close to newport, also saw a shooting brake aston a few years ago which has to be pretty rare!

Went to Nigel Mansells golf place in Woodbury tother day for conferance. Someone arranged for Mr Mansell to show our group around his museum in which his winning Ferrari is kept (plus all his trophies!!!).

Only one of those I reckon 8)

Does a Peugeot 205 Roland Garros convertible count, seeing as there were only 250 made? ;)

i used to see a bloke driving around in one of these, he always had a a huge smile on his face, and the top down in any weather! that was untill i saw it written off on the side of the road a couple of weeks back! guess they have just become a little rarer.

There have been a few cars over the years and you go - whats that? Saw a really odd looking TVR the other day.

There used to be a Ferrari Dino that used to live local - that was lovely little motor. Seen a few Honda NSX on the road, much wider than i thought. See too many Astin, Porche, Lamborghini and Ferrari's here at work, in Brimingham; all the modern stuff; theres one Masseratti that parks round the corner. Best time was when a Dodge Viper pulled up alongside us once; rumble...

I like to spot the old stuff that most people ignore. My mates gf says its not worth looking at if it doesnt have this years plate on it - wtf.

my friend owned a bmw m3 e reg. rhd. only made 50. took him a year to get a steering rack when it broke. ! then sold it. wolly.

If its an original E30 M3 they were never made in RHD form, some were converted in the UK but weren't considered to have steering anything like as good as the proper LHD set-up. If its an E36 M3 there were a damned sight more than 50 made in RHD

defo a e30 m3 factory rhd. one of 50. in grey. they use special quick steer racks. so you cant just dodge in a 325 one. i'm sure it had a plate in the bay with a number on it. ? oh well never will know. it was sold nearly 2 years ago.

I saw one of those crazy almost deloren/ferrari style BMW's last night. I wondered what the hell it was at first!

*edit* this one!

80m1.jpg

Mk2 Golf Limited, 1 of only 70ish made. I put a timing belt on it and removed/refitted the charger.

I've seen a few GT40s, even sat in one once.

Saw a maserati MC12 (the enzo based one - massive car and massively ugly as well)

BMW 507

Peugeot 205 T16

Aston Martin Lagonda

defo a e30 m3 factory rhd. one of 50. in grey. they use special quick steer racks. so you cant just dodge in a 325 one. i'm sure it had a plate in the bay with a number on it. ? oh well never will know. it was sold nearly 2 years ago.

BMW definitely never made factory E30 M3s in rhd. One of the dealers (Byrds I think) did about 50 rhd conversions. Not sure which steering rack they used though.