Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Fuel Price.

:( Now that's not cool. Haven't topped it, but I don't expect it to be much longer before those prices are common place.

I bet the price for BP Ultimate Diesel at my local place would be entertaining.. it was nearly £1/litre before the prices starting getting silly :(

Sainsbury's - 92.9p per litre for Super.

It's crazy though. Only a few years ago the country went mad when petrol breached the 80p per litre mark.

Miraculously the price dropped to around 75p and held around that mark for over a year.

Now it's crept back up again stealthily. :mad:

If the Government would just reduce the 70% Duty they levy on fuel.

Petrol would only cost 32p a litre if we just paid 17.5% VAT on it.

Makes me mad, especially when you visit Iraq and see the thousands of gallons of crude p1ssing out of pipelines creating huge lakes of oil with no-one making any effort to stop them.

first time I've had to put over £48 in the Corrado this morning...

Glad it's the 12Gallon tank and not J-DUB's 15gallon one 'cos that'd have hit over £50... :crazyeyes:

So when's the next boycott starting then? it can't be far off now... :|

Its definately due.. I just wish they'd do it in the summer when its a bit more agreeable to bike to work or sommat! A boycott would get my backing now, definately.

what happened to those fuel strikes we had a few years ago, when all the tankers decided they aren't gonna go anywhere? We need another one of those again. This fuel price is ridiculous! Im trying to run a 2.9 litre car here. Its a joke. Gonna have to start seriously thinking about only using if for long distance journeys etc.

Got an email the other day that was interesting . . .

Seems like a good idea to be repeated....

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it .

We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a ltr.

Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to

take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not sellers.

With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down isif we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.

If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers.

It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people.

If each of you send itto at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)

... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on toten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people.

That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people

could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!

Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen.

Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc.

i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

Ha, I will verify later but I'm sure there is a BP/Shell Optimax/Ultimate knocking it out for about £102.9 a litre in London, M3/M4 is usually pretty expensive, as is clacket lane.

Hey, when it costs around £48 to fill up your VR at ASDA you know this is serious! LOL.

This means that at £1 a litre, it will cost over £60 to fill up a VR! LOL.

its ridiculous. Long gone are the days where your fuel averaged 10p a mile, Even with a gentle attitude on the throttle pedal you dont get anywhere near that anymore. :mad:

Well.. you can get close to that with the diesel ;)

I stuck in a tenner the other day when the car was screaming at me to refuel it, and I got to 90 miles before refilling again and the fuel light wasn't on at that point.... ;)

oh good, can we have another petrol vs diesel debate?? pleeeease. LOL.

I'll start it off- Damn, stinky, smelly tractor boys! why don't you go and live in Russia! (only kidding btw, I know it's only really you Jim with the derv)

I wasn't trying to make it into a debate.. I was just saying you could get close to 10p a mile with it. Sheesh.

Hey, I know. I gues technically speaking, it is possible with some petrols, if you get say a Toyota Aygo which does 61mpg, prob not as fun tho.

98 octane gas is 2.91 YTL which is 1.75 euro in Turkey......:(:( Taxation is crazy which is over % 350....

95 octane petrol without tax is 0.644 YTL which is 0.390 euro....:( 95 octane's retail price is 2.80 YTL

Most I've paid recently is 96.9 p for diesel.

I need my car for work so I hope there is a boycott and that noone can get any fuel because then I won't have to go to work :D

What will probably happen is there will be a big fuss made and hoo ha like last time, petrol companies (not gov!) will bring down the prices by 3p a litre, then put it up by 4p a litre the next month! LOL