Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Fuel Price.

HA HA!

I fear you are exactley right Chris, I don't buy this wishy washy argument that Blair gives, the Paxman iterview was very funny!

British intelligence is supposedly about the best in the world, they must of known Saddam didn't have nuclear war heads, but of course the fact they are sitting on billions pounds worth of oil speaks for itself.

And if thats the argument he is going along with with regard to bombing a country, what about Taiwan and China! surely on that basis they must be classed as a bigger threat.

And anyway, bombing the fcuk out of a country because they have war heads is hardly setting an example now! :wink:

Only £48 to fill up at ASDA? it was 89.9 the other day and cost me 52 something...perhaps I run it too dry :-)

I have just bought a 1.9TDi for a daily driver so it will be nice to not fill up every week!

I always thought that, mine is a kreg vr, so does it have 15 gallon tank?? for some reason, you can never put as much petrol in as is quoted in the book...

I always thought that, mine is a kreg vr, so does it have 15 gallon tank?? for some reason, you can never put as much petrol in as is quoted in the book...

I thought the numbers on the guage told you the max volume....

hehehe, the golf country I just bought has an LPG conversion.

37.5p a litre at the local garage! and I can easily do 250miles on £15.

mint :-)

Got an email the other day that was interesting . . .

Seems like a good idea to be repeated....

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it .

We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a ltr.

Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to

take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not sellers.

With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down isif we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.

If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers.

It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people.

If each of you send itto at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)

... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on toten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people.

That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people

could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!

Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen.

Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc.

i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

its not the oil companys fault its the sodding tax the government charge us on the stuff thats the problem

This boy in the office today was talking about his parents farm and how they buy red diesel for 19p a litre!

Correct me if im wrong but the reason its so cheap is cos u dont pay duty on it, hence why its for agricultural or industrial use only. Thats also why its red so its easy to check at the roadside and if your caught using it on public roads you've got no chance of getting off, they'll hang draw & quarter you then chop ya bits off and use them as earings.

theres practically 0% chance getting stopped in a car on red diesel, they only tend to stop transits and the like, i know guys been doing it for donkeys years, but yea, i suppose IF it did happen, they certainly wouldnt be happy, lol

i dont know a place locally that supplies farms with the red stuff and i certainly dont know that they sell to the public no questions asked, no really i dont!

using red diesel in your car is a big no no, u must pay the tax man what he deserves. after all it does pay for our roads to be in such excellent condition......

haha, that was like Doha in Qatar! I think I worked it out to 10p a gallon, and still it was only the rich sheiks (sp?) that were stopping into the petrol stations.

As posted elsewhere at the expense of my wrists... : :oops:

94.9 for bog standard unleaded?! Gone up 3p over night! I'm still in shock!

I can understand that due to events in the states prices have gone up, but would anyone here care to predict the chances of it going back down again?

Price of oil per barrel is now around the $70

I have known it to be as low as $20 if not lower.

As for prices Its not over yet as Oil and Gas prices will continue to rise as Autumn is usually a cheaper time

when all the energy companies stock up with cheaper fuel for the onslaught into winter,this year it isnt happening.

Personally I would look for capped energy prices for your home whilst they are still offered.

Red diesel or gasoil just now is about 33p a litre

so the farmers either talking about ages ago or telling a porkie.

The Email on page 2 is full of untruths and

it did make me laugh in the version I recieved it says buy it from adsa,sainsburys etc,

where does everyone think they get it from? The Asda refinary? hehe

Anyway,

somebody mentioned Tanker driver and Im one of those,

I drive for BP and this time its not the government hiking fuel tax,

Gordons being very quiet just now as he's scoring just with the vat.

Hurricanes in the gulf of mexico and other world traumas stop production and this time of year every barrel is required especially as the chinnese now will pay any price for it creating no Glut of it here in the west.

The Problem now with diesel and its high price is the companies who produce diesel made it as a by product,

these refinaries were designed to wring every drop of petrol from a barrel of oil,so tbh diesel is being sold as quick as its made,be it red,white,kerosine,gasoil,jet fuel etc.

So I dont see or hear that tanker drivers will be acting again as Im afraid the last time it procurred panic buying and the Im alright jack culture/era of maggie thatchers years,once supplies starting biting the support waned as everyone knew it would,but the point had been made.

Without Fuel and Trucks the country stops.

Next time The Army gets dragged in

Oh and Optimax is now 99.7 :-(