Sign in to follow this  
pkripper

Leather

I was talking to a mate who runs the local Merc garage and he was saying that if he buys in a car that hasnt got leather but should have like a nice E Class say, he gets it put in for a £1k to make it easier to sell on, which includes door cards the lot. Whats more he says you cant tell the difference between that and factory fitted.

It just made me wonder people pay say £700 for a set of leathers that are over ten years old when you could get a brand new set for £1k.

I would have thought that a C has got to be less to do than a big 4 door Merc. Has anyone had custom leather fitted at this level?

It'll cost you about £1k to get a C re-trimmed in leather by anyone decent, so it's about the going rate.

But I have to agree - why anyone would pay almost the same amount of money for a tatty (or at least super-shiney) set of leather seats as it would cost for a re-trim does baffle me.

The place to get them done is MJ interiors, who it would seem currently have a minty set of black leathers for sale - http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29196

Full retrim from MJ for £1k - think you'd be lucky tbh to get it for that price.

Hmmmm I would say for a full retrim of a Corrado its going to be nearer the £1500 mark. Particularly if you speak to MJ Interiors that are well favoured on here. Also be without your car for 2 weeks! He probably gets it for that price as he gives them regular business. Also what sort of quality does he get for that, as he only has it done to resell I'm sure he's not too fussy over it as long as it bares up to initial inspection which it woul dif just been done.

I looked at getting the full retrim done and I do think it is well worth it, the only reason I didn't is that the porsche leather came up at just the right time for me to go for that instead

He mentioned that the leather he gets fitted comes with a 3 year warranty. It has to be pucker because the car would come with a Merc used car warranty.