Sign in to follow this  
JT

alpine and ipod question

i have a Alpine CDA-983OR and i am looking at getting an i-pod lead that runs of what looks like either the aux outputs or a proper ouput plug for the lead, much like a cd changer connection, what i would like to know is can i just plug this in the back of my headunit and into the hones plug and listen away or do i need more than this.... sorry for not being to clever on this ....

cheers josh

There are a number of iPod options but avoid Alpine's own as it's cr@p. It's slick and pretty but if you want to browse to a track in the middle of your collection, you could be in for a long wait....it's sloooooooowww.

Ive just bought the cda - 9855 and was gonna get an Ipod to go with it as i havnt taken the plunge yet, has anyone got the picture version cos i was thinking about using it for my camera aswell.

sorry im not hijacking your thread :(

Its the screen and extra space i want was gonna see if i could somehow use it to download pics from camera while out and about