Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Oil Temp

markmcie, did you have all the mods in your list just fitted when the charger was done?? - if so that will explain the engine temp increase (mine went up by 10 just after a stage 4 ported charger, chip and pulley...)

Mocal kits are about £150 for the G60

All the engine mods were done long before the charger rebuild. The only change now is the extra porting John carried out (both the charger and RSR). It was meant to be a stage 4 before hand but the porting was not done to a great standard.

Reading back through some old threads and it looks like I should check my thermo switch is working okay and the voltage drop is not too much cause the water temp gauge seems to be a little higher then normal. Is my understanding right that water is run through the OE oil cooler to keep the oil temp down ? So if your radiator is not working 100% it will have a knock on effect on the oil temp.

Either way it looks like I will have to splash out and buy a Mocal.

Thanks for the advise. This site is the biz :-)

what sort of runnig temps should i expect reom a standard vr6?

and what sort of price is a oil cooler for the same car and what are the benefits??

cheers

i'm seeing figures off 190F when pondering around and 210F when giving it some, what does this equate to in Celcius is it high, fitting my mocal this wkend so hope that helps

210 Farhenheit is only 100 celsius, nowt to concern yourself with really.

Mocal will help, no question.

For heavy traffic, I recommend an override switch on the dash to manually switch the fastest fan speed on, it's easy to do.

Aye.. definately better than the method I was using in summer. Heater on full blast and all the windows open to help keep engine temps nice and sensible.. great for the cooling system, not great for the driver who was already burning up in the black leather seats! :onfire:

LOL.... I still do that now Jim *with* speed 3 manually controllable :-)

it's cause I don't want the matrix to pop....which generally happens when you block it by flipping the heater onto full cold. The heat has nowhere to go, so the matrix's plastic housing melts and cracks.

Your car is fine, newer materials and all that, but these old Cs need pampering in hot conditions, pays off in the long run.

Are there any fitting guides for this manual override switch? Seems like a good idea. Wouldn't the fan be on full blast when in traffic anyway if the engine's hot enough?

I was pushing my car in the queue the other day, a fan switch sounds much better! That's a great time with 190 bhp by the way! Something to aim for!