Sign in to follow this  
4stud

Mackerel stinks!

Went down the beach fishing bank hol monday. Thought my mate took the fish out of the boot when i dropped him off. Car started to hum and get worse every day untill i found them.

Still mingin

What shall i use to get rid of the stench? I've scrubbed and used 3 air fresheners. It's better but not perfect.

HELP!

This will sound a bit fishy but i promise you it will work...........Cut a couple of spanish onions in half and pop a couple in the boot and a couple on the back seat.........leave for 2 days and voila........soaks up all the smells a treat. :thumbleft:

ask an essex girl how to remove that stubbourn odour!

Brilliant :D :D

Reminds me of that old chestnut:

What's the difference between and Essex Girl and her essex boyfriend?

The girl has a higher sperm count!

I know rubbing your hands on aluminium when you have been handling fish / garlic nutralizes the smell, Dont know if rubbing aluminium on the carpet would work but there is some extra strong carpet shampoo from halfrauds that got the smell out when I took an old bog to the dump.

You should run an ionizer in your car. Ozone ionizers like the air purifiers from sharper image are the best ways to remove/reduce odors. After you do that you need to beat down your mate for leavin fish in ur car.

Bicarb of soda mate, get a cup full sprinkle it on effected area and also leave a cup full in the car over night, it will soak up the smell and then you can just hoover the boot out, jobs a good un, worked everytime for me with different smells inc spilled milk :( never had rotten fish in the car though :)

LOL, you can always rely on the forum for some truly diverse questions :-)

A trick I played on a groom several years ago was to put a Mackerel (funnily enough!) in his car's scuttle area.....after a few days the newly married couple were wondering what the hell the fishy smell was all about. Took them 2 weeks to eventually to track it down, by which time the car was nearly undrivable because it stank so much. And the fish being in the scuttle area, putting the aircon and fans on made it worse :-)