Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Please help my g60 - Err where were we? Page 42

cheers steve/ant,ill check the switches out 8)

the linkage operates em,just a case of wether theyre doin owt or not.

whilst having a go at a bike today :oops: i left a nice cloud of blue smoke behind me :?

went upto the unit and checked the oil level,whoops! but i am not to blame for it being over filled :p

i dont run a cat so no real? problem there,but could it have damaged the lambda?

i whipped the plugs out and obviously they didnt look too good! and on n0.1 the tip was bent up :?

cleaned em up(theyre pretty new!) and stuck em back in,no real difference as yet.

do you think m8?

not the oil being over filled?

saying that though,it dosnt go lean when backing off the throttle,afr gauge goes to ok.

is my lambda dead from all the oil? :?

8)

ill see how they go then ant,ill check em again in a week or so.

any opinions on the oil being over filled?

pour some oil out and see if it smells like gas, if yes then its overfilled, or just check it using the dipstick and smell that oil to see if it smells like gas.

Excess oil will exit the engine by the "point of least resistance" - weak oil seals usually go first, possibly even your head gasket (if you're unlucky). Really depends how much overfilled the oil was/is.

BTW - excess oil pressure in the charger could be real bad news.

Carbon build-up on the plugs is fairly even so I doubt an individual injector will be the problem.

aye,i think the injectors alright. :)

i took some oil out,good to see that it was still nice and orangey,and didnt smell of fuel/gas.

ill see how it goes for a bit now i think,just a case of putting up with the intermittent power. :(

cheers guys,neil.

dizzy and ISV is all I can think of for that, boost leak? I know I got one somewhere you can hear it as you get on the fast road =-(

at least were not alone with our problems m8 :roll: :lol:

any way to check if the isv is bleeding boost when it shouldnt be?

I have an ISV reroute so I dont worry if Im bleeding cause I get it back anyway, um just clean it with carb cleaner? I thought u already did that tho...

sometimes I have that at 3500 I have a 65mm pulley so it would make sense for mine to be lower, it just that torque climb you are feeling...

mine has a hesitency at 4000-4500 revs then pulls hard, but my last one did this so i think its normal?

yeah id say mine was hesitant/bucking at around 4.5k but didnt pull,just power then not,power then not.

was also the same on part throttle.

update:it may be fixed! :D

bought some vac pipe from the stealers today.

made a new piece for the t body to cc thing on inner wing (1130mm long) and a new piece for the fuel pressure reg at 100mm long.

both of the original ones were wrong,cc one was too short and fpr one was too long.

all i can say is wow! :shock: seriously!

the drive home from the unit was like being in a diffarent car man!

it seems more laggy somehow,but when the power comes in,it comes in and stays!

i hope it stays this way,may have just been intermittently fixed! :lol:

neil.

That is one of the classic causes of poor running.. should have a sweet running motor now hopefully after all of this! :)

i think mine has the same problem at the moment, do i have to replace the pipe on the carbon canister or can i just remove all of the canister and put a new bit of pipe from the fuel pressure regulator to the inlet manifold. glad to hear yours is finally running. mine is nearly there because it doesnt always miss a beat at 4-4500rpm.

:lol: think i spoke to soon :lol:

been ok today,apart from on the way home,i gave it some stick in 2nd and i heard pinking as it was building up the revs.

then felt the power drop off,tried for 3rd and it still felt flat. :(

this car feckin hates me man :lol:

g60griff,you could do away with it all aye,and try the fpr pipe too,100mm according to etka.

hi mate, have followed your thread with interest and have tried to keep up(it is quite long)but i think i know what the score is so i'm gonna give my 2p's worth and hope it helps. i'm not suggesting you do any of this, or even read this,i'm simply saying if i was in your shoes this is what i would do. as i'm sure you're aware pinking usually indictes a weak mixture or too far advanced timing, so if the timing is in any way advanced put it back to standard. the last i read you did the timing with a digital timing light, so i'm guessing you could have tried to advance it on that, but personally i would leave the advancing for now, to eliminate it, and maybe have the distributor swung in the future on rollers to give you a bit extra. ok, so providing all of that is either done already or doesn't solve the problem then my next step would be to suspect engine management. i think i'm right in saying you still have a chip fitted? well i'd whip that straight out and have it put through VAG-COM. if it comes back clear and the car drives ok then throw away the stinking chips! its common knowledge that chips work best when set up properly to each individual car, swapping them around like you have, especially when you suspect them to be faulty, is leaving yourself open for problems. if none of that solves your problem, i.e if vag-com doesn't pick up anything and it still drives like a piece of poo without the superchip then my next step would be to book it in with my nearest lucas and have the injectors pulse-cleaned(bout £25) and the fuel pressure tested(bout £20), to eliminate any blockages or a dying fuel pump. from there, i guess i'd start whacking my head against a wall! it sounds like you've already done that though. i'm presuming all the ignition components have been recently changed/can be eliminated, including the coil. they usually either work or they don't, but i replaced a coil on a sluggish mark 1 golf a while back and it made it alot more responsive and felt much better. i'd change those plugs as well mate, they look filthy!

sorry i can't be of more help, my knowledge of G60's is very limited, all i can say is when you attempt to do things yourself things do go wrong. i know you've tried to cut corners to save cash, but this can be your downfall. believe me, i've been there, and the one thing i will state, which you should pay attention to, is do not attack that head with the dremmel! you can ignore everything else.

hope you get it all sorted anyway

if not, i've got a clean 16v i'll part/ex you for it!!

id get it straight into a vw specilaist, you'l go bonkers before long

h100vw know that guy from awesome...he's supposed to be very good, and nearer than g werks