Sign in to follow this  
Yandards

Fastest (Soon to be in)Production Car in the World

didnt they spend ages trying to get it to crack 1000bhp? and thats why it took so long

its going to take a long time for anyone to top the specs on that thing, aside from the engine the development that'll have gone into the chassis for it to cope with the power must be unreal. Wonder how much its going to cost?

They should have spent more than a tea break on the design, I reckon it's fast so people don't have to look at it, ugly bas*ard IMO.

Bonnet from a Beetle, looks more like a snazzy Nike trainer than a car.

Personally I think it's a ridiculous car. It's guaranteed to be undriveable and will be hideously unreliable. And it will overheat.

This not new news as it's been kicking around for 3years, i remember from an earlier report that it pre selects the next gear with the second clutch in anticipation of the change so it's fast to change up with you never being able to miss a gear!

Stunning spec but not into the two tone finish and the Koenigsegg CCS has been my favourite for a long time with it's screaming superchargers!

Chris

i remember from an earlier report that it pre selects the next gear with the second clutch in anticipation of the change so it's fast to change up with you never being able to miss a gear

Hardly groundbreaking technology considering the Audi TT 3.2 has that.

:lol: Yeah, it's called DSG ;)

Although I'd imagine the 'box has had a few meaty upgrades to deal with the extra torque.

I think it'll be phenominal.. and i'm sure they've thought about problems with overheating..

I can't imagine Volkswagen releasing a new car under the very prestigious Bugatti branding and then having their top engineers standing around scratching their heads and saying "Well damn fellas.. we totally didn't give any consideration to the heat this thing generates, did we.."

If tuners can make Skylines and Supra's whack out over 1,000 horses then sure they'll be able to make this do it comfortably. Its worth mentioning too (read this in a motoring mag) that in standard form that this car will not be pushing its full 1,000 horses.. if you want it to go into full mentalist mode you need to phone up Bugatti who will fly a nice man out to you, and he comes with all the kit to enable full power mode and will supply you with the right tyres to allow it to handle those kinds of speeds. Not sure what its normal, restricted power output will be..

I think they give you a special coloured key to start the car that unlocks the full whammy of power. Which I hope dosen't cost you any more cash. Is this not going to be the first million pound hypercar or something?

A major part of the problems which have delayed the release of this car has been getting the tyre companies to develop road tyres that'll take the kinda abuse that this car will subject 'em too... :cuckoo:

They did have some problems with cooling with the initial test vehicles, but they appear to have worked out how to get around that... (probably involving an ice making machine which uses a small part of the engine power to cool the engine down to a reasonable level!!! )