Sign in to follow this  
_leon_

fk grill on early style corrado

I have got an FK style grill from ebay - only thing is it doesn't fit my slam panel. There are 3 pins on the grill and only 2 available holes for them. Do i a) buy the right grill (where do i find it?) or b) give up as there isn't one that'll fit?

Thanks

hey mate

they`re designed for later slam panels, i fitted one to mine by dremel-ing two grooves in my slam and and chopping the middle one off the grill

not too much bother really, but it didn`t suit my car

ben

I've got a new type FK grill on my old type C, the slam panel is compatible with the 2 types of grills, that was an nice surprice when buying the gril.

It's only a few of the slam pannels that have both types of fixing holes which were done during the cross over period AFAIK...

there's 3 types of slam panels as Phil K, mentions...

Early - 2 holes under the grill

Intermediate - 3 holes under the grill

Late - 3 holes under the grill

The FK grill will fit the intermediate and late slam panels with no modifications to either. To fit the early one, you need to either enlarge the holes in the bottom of the slam panel with something like a dremel, or cut the lugs off the grill and re-fix them a bit closer to the center to get 'em to line up with the holes in the slam panel...