Sign in to follow this  
Rob Heath

1800 16v ---------> 2000 16v

Just wonderin if its possible to fit the mk3 golf 2000 16v 9A bottom end to my 1800 kr head or am I better off gettin the corrado 2000 bottom end??

Got the chance to buy a complete 9A engine with polished and ported head, but id probably just mate the bottom end to my kr head.

Im pretty good mechanically, so no worries on that score, just never done a conversion like this, so what to know the ins and outs before I buy the engine and find out i cant use it.

not entirely sure here but.............is the mk3 Golf 16v ABF engine........a different beast from the 9A....or are they one and the same??? :? :?

The MK3 engine is the ABF which is different to the 9A. It has 150 BHP out of the box and can be chipped to 175.

Unless you fit the whole ABF then I'd do the modified 9A. I would stick the lot in and check the cams in the 9A and make sure there isn't a 9A inlet cam in it as that is a restriction.

Do a search for 16V conversions. Flusted has done lots to his 16V.

Gavin

I think ones the short block and the other the tall block, not sure which ones which.

Also, am I right in thinkin that the rado 2.0 engine is the ABF?

Not really bothered about fittin the whole engine, as ive already got a modified head, and my mates got a mk2 golf 16v with 2.0 bottom end runnin K-jet and it does 14.5 1/4 miles, so I know that they work well

Looks like Ive misunderstood the seller.

Its definately a 9A, so is that definately off a corrado and not the mk3 (Its come out of a mk2 golf, but i know this isnt where it came out of originally)

Rob Heath, no the rado 2.0 is the 9A. tall block ABF is from the golf as gav said.

The search is your friend, this has already been discussed this week.

HTH,

Baz.

Cant really find much on the search, probably me just bein thick :oops:

Is there anyone on here who has actually put an 9A bottom end onto a KR head, if so, they would be the best person(s) to get advice off 8)

No way, me and Rob spent ages down here on my computer trying loads of different words AND engine AND codes AND just AND about every thing we could think of AND found nothing.:wink: