Sign in to follow this  
dutch

VR6 questions....

mmmmmmmmmm........ i'd sell my limbs/vital organs/soul for one of those red Jet G60's....... never even seen pics of one never mind one for sale..... :(

G60Jet used to have a purple Jet - http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38 but I've never seen pics of his actual car or Jets in other colours

.....in Canada we only had the 2.7 (I think) Corrado...at first I thought the ad i was reading was a typo when it read 2.9!! then i noticed all the corrado's here are 2.9!! very nice...the North American ones are 2.7 rated at 176 bhp...

2.8 in North America, but yeah, you only got 176bhp :D

hear ya go a lhd vr6. javascript:more_info(200537207180213,16,'CARS',4,200537207180213,490,560);

Enlarge VOLKSWAGEN Corrado VR6, K reg.

Metallic Grey, Grey leather interior, 5 spoke alloys, genuine 75,000 miles, full MOT & Tax, e/w, e/m, e/sunroof, alar, left hand drive, lovely condition. £3,750. o.n.o.

Tel: (02476) 371107 or (07811) 795676

Distance: 16 miles

Price: £3,750ono.

Glossary of Terms

And old leather smells of farts!

That Not-aircooled bloke cracks me up. and i agree, although id have it if offered it only looks good out of the box. Freeze in winter, boil in summer and hard cornering = passenger seat time!

True....

When owners neglected failed fan switches etc and constantly allowed the engine to over heat.

False....

When owners maintained their VRs well.

The VR has earned a reputation of being a big, heavy, complicated engine that eats head gaskets and chains.

When you drill down to the actual cases, you'll find that reputation is unfounded....on all accounts.

They do suffer premature wear on bores 1 and 6 a lot though!

that grey one on the trader is an absolute minter if its the one i saw @ E38. I would have bought it, but theres only room for one VR6 in my garage!

dutch, any joy so far?

yep!!! Bought it a couple of weeks agos....i can't beleive the condition of it! I'll be posting some pics soon..

not too sure if he was a farmer.....i wouldn't be suprised. he was really anal about this car....

i was looking at that superchargered one....but i'm not a big fan of buying modded cars...i'd rather buy one that is bone stock..untouched...and mod it myself...

dutch if its the car that i think it is, you have got an absolute corker of a car mate.

The bodywork was like factory, and the leather interior was also mint, and i think really it suited the car. He has also spent some time and money on getting some of the mechanical sides spot on too. Like you say, a bit anal, but lets face it, they are the sort of owners you want to buy cars from, cos you know everything will be dead right.

If i didnt have the Corrado i have now, that would have probably been the car i would've bought cos it was just so mint and everything was like it has just left the factory. Low mileage too if i remember rightly.

sounds like the car for sure.....it was exactly the car i was looking for..not just a Corrado....a low mileage...maintained to the letter....pampered car....this Corrado was only taken out during good weather and stored properly in the winter...i couldn't beleive the condition of the paint and leather...although i'm not a big fan of leather....i would have prefered cloth.

sadly no, and the drivers bolster is all but gone... I was being a little flippant however theres a picture in my members gallery, linked from my signature.