Sign in to follow this  
woody

No warm Air from vents

I am getting no warm air when a position the slider on hot. The air blows ok but it is stone cold. Any ideas anybody!!

what year car mate?

if its early... possibly the bowden cable on the slider has doubled back on its self when you slid it over so it hasn`t moved the flap to allow warm air, or heater matrix?

dont know about rotary controls but i`m sure i remember a weakness there somewhere too

ben

i hope for your sake & sanity its not the matrix, i did mine yesterday & today, a total of 10 hours to do, if this one goes it will not be replaced :wink:

could simply be that the recall valves have blocked up... See if the pipes on the bulkhead side of the valves are getting as hot as the engine side of the valves... if they're not, then there's your problem... ;) IIRC they're about £25 from VAG new...

Update

when i move the slider from cold to hot I get a sudden blast of warm air then it goes cold again and stays cold. There is no dampness in the passenger side footwell. Where abouts is this pipe from the engine bay to the heater matrix? I do not seem to be losing any fluid the level in the expansion tank is the same.

I reckon airlock in the matrix or really poor flow due to the valves being blocked up like Henny said. Try bypassing the valves and see if that sorts it.

Gavin

ive got the same problem, and ive just replaced my matrix, how would you get rid of an airlock in the matrix, :?

Bugger, just read this after posting up the exact same problem. I'm going to check the racall valves. Will keep you posted.

Was this recall valve a dealer recall. If so could some look up on the part number for me.

Thanks

Woody

make sure the air intake below the windscreen on the passengers side isn't full of leaves etc, thats what was weakening my blowers

as said i`m having same problem just changed stat over and still warm air then stright to cold (valves ? where the bloody hell am i lookinf)

all of you having this prob check the temp control flap is doing its job before you do anything else, i changed loads of underbonnet stuff before i realised this just needed adjustment! (its under the pass side of the centre console) i know its been said before but it can be at fault even if the slider feels like its working.

hi i also have cold heaters would both valves block or is it just normally the one on the way in?

AB, i believe that there is only one valve (on the way out) the one on the way in is a straight through piece of metal pipe.

g60cc, Im not sure how everyone else does it, but i didn't want to pay £25 for a new one and i didn't have piping the correct diameter to just connect both pipes together so i simply drilled mine out.

Greetings Woody, check the by-pass valve in the heater hose has'nt been fitted the wrong way up cos' it may cause the problem & is a fairly easy thing to check.

Good luck mate.

(Red valver now rollin' on mighty fine BBS rims with flat boot carpet :thumb right: )

ps- last time I saw your G60 it looked & sounded fantastic.

hi all having same problem checked most thinks replaced thermostat however the pipes on the engine side the one on the right with the alloy splitter is very hot but the one on lhe left with the black plastic splitter is luke warm ish any ideas please

hi all having same problem checked most thinks replaced thermostat however the pipes on the engine side the one on the right with the alloy splitter is very hot but the one on lhe left with the black plastic splitter is luke warm ish any ideas please

could be that one of the one way valves is stuck closed,or it could be an airlock in the matrix

ive been told replace the valves with a couple of small pipe? will this do any harm and how do you get rid of the air block in matrix i have replaced my coolant etc..but to no joy

not sure if the valves on the corrado matrix are fixed,you can bypass the matrix using a bit of pipe to join the matrex inlet and outlet together but then obviously you would have no heaters and its getting colder now :)