Sign in to follow this  
dutch

Any Canadians out there?????

Just wanted to see if there are any canadians living here in the uk? please tell me i'm not the only one??!!! :(

whats wrong with being unique? a canadian called dutch living in the UK seems pretty unique if not a bit mixed up :)

or are you just lonely and got no-one to watch ice hocky with?! if its any help chris w and myself are big hocky/skating fans and could be honorary canadians to make you feel better and go to hocky matches - or am i being sterotypical? :)

BaBs over on No-rice.com is Canadian.

He does live in Newport, Gwent, so he's acquired a Goldie Lookin' Chain accent and a Vento :)

Oh, and thank you so much for Celine Dion :x :-P

lol..not all canadian like ice hocky...but you must admit canadians are probably the nicest people around....not like those americans!!

Toronto Jan->May last year

And yeah, TO is rockin', but it's got farr too much of an American flavour for me. East coast maritimes are great, but only really a long-term option if you fish :lol:

alot of people think T.O has an american feel to it...until you send enough time in the states and realize tornto isn't that bad...

I never got a chance to go to Toronto, didn't have enough time to spend travelling so far from Edmonton. Hopefully next time I go to Canada, I will be spending more time in the East (and Vancouver), heard good things about Halifax.

I'm part Canadian... waiting to get dual nationality then plan to visit to see if I wanna stay! It's one of those things that I really must get around to doing - have loads of family out there... in fact my great great great (or something) grand pearants were the first people to cross Canada in a horse drawn covered waggon 8)

I lived in Victoria for a year in 2001/2002 and have been back for a month evey summer since. When my PhD is done I'm heading back there for good.

Remember: saying 'eh?' is better than saying 'huh?'

in fact my great great great (or something) grand pearants were the first people to cross Canada in a horse drawn covered waggon 8)

I knew you were a nut Phil, but I hadn't realised you had fruit in the family as well :lol:

And yeah, don't get me wrong about TO - it's a great city, but I think there's still too much American flavour for me to stick it out long-term.

Vancouver is really nice too, loads of smack heads tho :lol:

But as far as the big Canadian cities go, I think Montreal is the nicest one that I've been too. It's got a nice old French side with a load of modern bits too.

Looks like my sister is gonna be emigrating to Toronto pretty soon tho, so I'd obviously have to go visit. Ahh a filthy night of suspiciously watery beer in the Peel :lol:

i know alot of people that have gone to canada from the UK and never came back!! One of the issues i'm having here in the UK is the cost of living!! and the most important thing is the cost of performance parts here..they're twice the cost compared to back home....i'm actually going back to toronto in a couple of weeks so i'm going to pick up a few things for the VR....

This thread is awful.

Canada is one of those places which is quite high on the list of places to visit -and soon.

Just keep going Sailing, skiing and surprisingly numerous car shows and events, which no longer seem to be single days out, but weekends and longer !

Wheh!

Mega envious of all those who have been, especially Dinkus - 6 months.

I so should stop work, but then how to keep the car on the road and I will never have my 911 :( :) :( :D