Sign in to follow this  
dutch

Quick trip back to Toronto,

looks like i'm going back to toronto for a couple of weeks next week and i'm planning a picking up a few things for the vr over there...but i have a few q's! In NA the vr's are 2.8 opposed to the euro ones which are 2.9, can i still use NA parts? I'm thinking of picking up a Nuespeed chip..would it work?....things are so much cheaper there.....

wouldnt be a good idea mate, the smaller capacity of the 2.8 will effect how the chip is mapped, so it wouldnt really benifit your 2.9 when you brought it back. I think there were some other differences too which may well effect the chip working properly.

If you get time for a trip up to Newmarket and want to go drool over loads of rather tastily modified Porsches, Audis and some 'dubs then you should go check out Pfaff tuning :D

what i normally do it is order stuff from the states and have them shipped to toronto....saves time and money....

dinkus...i've heard of that place....there's another euro shop in oakville that puts out some sick porches...

What like conservatories? or regular brick ones? :wink:

Nah, they're sick, so I guess wooden ones that are getting a bit rotten :lol:

did i miss something?
Looks like it! A 'porch' is a covered shelter at the entrance to a building. A 'Porsche', on the other hand, is the name of a German performance car manufacturer. Spelling mistakes can be very costly here....tough crowd.

lol...yes yes yes...a company in Oakville does put out some sick Porches!! nice smooth wood..polished..ported.....oh and there's another comany in oakville that put outs some sick PORSCHES!! U guys don't miss a thing!! i need to start proof reading my messages!

wouldnt be a good idea mate, the smaller capacity of the 2.8 will effect how the chip is mapped, so it wouldnt really benifit your 2.9 when you brought it back. I think there were some other differences too which may well effect the chip working properly.

US fuel runs around 92 RON as well (or it used to - can't imaging it has drastically changed) so that would affect the mapping as well I'd guess.

The fuel in Canada at least looks like it's much lower RON on the pump (e.g. 92) but that's because they use an average of two numbers, not just the bigger of the two like we don (not sure on the specifics)

It would have to be a pretty wide range for 95 RON regular unleaded to actually average at 92 though (between 89 and 95, on a purely simplistic basis without taking into account relative volumes).

Since there's a difference in performance between 95 and 97 RON, I'd hate to think I'd ever had a tankful of 89 RON in my C... :)