Sign in to follow this  
superhans

VAG or GSF oil pump?

ok, so i've got a 2.0l 16v 9a c and its time for a bottom end rebuild, now from VAG the oil pump is £125.49 ex vat and from GSF it's £38.50 ex vat. I want it to be done properly but that difference in price is a bit hard to resist. Is there that much difference in quality, which should i go for.Any suggestions?

GSF one should be fine, £125 sounds like day light robbery to me from the dealer....but there's always that nagging thought in the back of your mind..."if the dealer ones last this long, why is the GSF one so cheap?" Personally I only use dealer parts with critical things but it's up to you and you get a warranty with both sources.

Cheers, i'd really like to use the dealers own but it's just too big a difference especially when the "few small bits" i ordered added upto such a ridiculous amount of money, £40 for a sump gasket, shocking.

im pretty sure gsf should be able to offer oe quality ones,they normally offer a couple of of options.

ive used gsf pumps in the past with no probs.