Sign in to follow this  
aposegil

S2 coupe vs Corrado

hello all

today whilst i went to see this car i might be interested in buying depedning on the corrado i saw the guy also had a S2 coupe

ive never looked at them but kind of shocked how close to a corrado they are but they looked like a better car all round

what do you guys of S2's? compared to a corrado

Love the S2 coupe's, that 5pot warble is easily on a par with the VR6 rumble - and they can be tuned for serious power!!! :wink:

Always liked them... sounds awesome & go like shit with the right mods!

I'd fit a Nice set of porsche spilt rims, the brakes & the mirrors etc..

i like them but they feel like a ship compared to the "wrap-round" feel you get sitting in a corrado, by comparison

ERM had a couple of S2's at the track day at Castle Combe. One of them was tuned to 540bhp, and sounded like a jet!! Was deafening on full boost...

I got a video clip (somewhere?) of a green S2 at International this year doing the 1/4 mile. It was just after a downpour and nobody would run, but this guy decided he's have a go in the wet. 0-60 in 4.2s, and 1/4 mile 12.something... And that was in the wet :shock: Impressive!!!

yeah most S model audis are silly quick :D

the car just impressed me as its near as old as a corrado same shape etc but seems to be a better car all round

How much do they go for? If they've got the build quality which I still think the Corrado is slightly lacking I would have definitely given them a look.

ERM had a couple of S2's at the track day at Castle Combe. One of them was tuned to 540bhp, and sounded like a jet!! Was deafening on full boost...

I got a video clip (somewhere?) of a green S2 at International this year doing the 1/4 mile. It was just after a downpour and nobody would run, but this guy decided he's have a go in the wet. 0-60 in 4.2s, and 1/4 mile 12.something... And that was in the wet :shock: Impressive!!!

I saw that car go and it was truly awe inspiring. It was the kind of speed where everyone just went silent and looked at each other as if they couldn't quite believe what they had just seen.

How much do they go for? If they've got the build quality which I still think the Corrado is slightly lacking I would have definitely given them a look.

The old audis are tanks and although they have the grip, the handling never seems that good to me probably partly due to the weight. try the driving position in the S2, not a patch on the Corrado IMO. I never really saw them as a worthy successor to the ur quattro, but they are well screwed together.

David.

yeah most S model audis are silly quick :D

the car just impressed me as its near as old as a corrado same shape etc but seems to be a better car all round

it'll also be a dearer car to run than the C tho................audi engine bits specific to the S2 wont be cheap :wink:

true any high performance car will be expensive to maintain just need to ask my mate with a C43 amg wheels only lasted 4000 miles on the back lol

but insurance wise espeically on my corrado its cheaper to insure a S2 for example jsut comes in at £500 wheres im paying £870 for mine as its supercharged

those Audis are rapid, even as standard. Havent they got the same engine as the TT's and the quattro? The one I sat in as a passenger was standard, but it felt seriously quick. Dont know how it compares to the VR for torque tho. anyone raced one?

those Audis are rapid, even as standard. Havent they got the same engine as the TT's and the quattro? The one I sat in as a passenger was standard, but it felt seriously quick. Dont know how it compares to the VR for torque tho. anyone raced one?

You're thinking of the S3?

The S2 is the old 90s Audi 80 based car and has a 5 cylinder lump. Has more power and torque than the VR.

Looks wise, not my cup of tea. It was nice in it's time but it's not aged half as well as the Corrado has.

oh boy

dont know what to say about that

interesting front bumper but i dont think it suits the car

good paint job but not my choice of colour and its runnign the RS2 mirrors and is that the zender rear spoiler?

Also they dont run the 20v engien in TT's etc its a 5 pot 4 valves per pot engine

Looks wise, not my cup of tea. It was nice in it's time but it's not aged half as well as the Corrado has.

Yep I completely agree, it doesnt help that at the front they look like a standard audi 80!

some of the swedish S2s are absolutley unbeliavable. Girl on my sites just bought an S2 after selling her NA SUpra MK4 and she loves it to peices

i had an audi 80 Tdi late model though and i loved it - but the ones i would really love is the RS2 ;D

and its 2.2 20v turbo with 230bhp as standard in the S2 ;)

but its coupled with the greatest 4x4 system ever - quattro 8)