Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Winter Wax For Alloys

whats the best stuff guys,,,,, jus to keep them in peak condition and max protection from the elements

currently i jus slap on some zymol cleaner wax works well, but i need somthing a bit more dedicated to wheels for winter

cheers

I use Swissol 'Autobahn' wax on my wheels which is specially formulated for wheels (heat resistant).

I've been told by dtmotorsport to spray WD40 on the wheels over winter if they're split rims, which I did have at the time.

logicaltuning, i do but thats only for work and car parks apart from that my corrado is a daily car..... i have this other cheap stuff which is like WD40 but for wheels and tbh its crap has most of the wheel cleaners or car wash (i use zymol) tend to strrip it off

is there no dedicated wheel wax's???

I usually paint on a good coat of Vaso before the gritters come out, the dirt tends to stick to it and you need junk to get it off, but them wheels are like new underneath.

The only sure way of protecting split rim or polished finished alloys in the winter is not to use them! No matter how much you protect or clean them the chnaces of them corroding is very high.

Get yourself a second set of rims Furki, in normal powder coat silver for the winter.

well tbh mate their diamond turned and lacquered so im hoping they will be alright,,,tell me if im wrong plz

u read the wrong wax,,,daz the one i was pointing out was the black tin halfway down the page (Collinite

#476s Super Doublecoat Auto Wax) :lol: and thats for paint

moose wax removed the spider web effects and gives you a really really wetlook finish

well tbh mate their diamond turned and lacquered so im hoping they will be alright,,,tell me if im wrong plz

They'll still corrode mate. Lacquer on bare ali like you get with a diamond turned finish is simply not as resilient as powder coat. Original BBS RS outer rims are finished like yours and I wouldn't use them in the winter if you want a perfect finish on your alloys.

I've got a set of Speedies with 4 good tyres, 3 are Bridgie RE-720s and one is a Pirelli somethingorother.

£150 the set :)

Not a bad price but when you factor in the change from 4 to 5 stud it gets expensive :lol:

My TSW's will be going on the bay in the next week or so if you're int? ;)