Sign in to follow this  
Fez

Am I being thick...?

I would guess its cause, one, its similar to the Mk2 golf and also a cost of production compared to how many manually they would sell. There aint that many Corrados actually out there!!

Would have been nice though...

suppose :?

I just thought the spotty gimp in HAlfords didnt have a clue when I asked yesterday :lol:

Haynes didn't do a Corrado manual 'cos they only imported 9000(ish) corrados into the UK, so it wasn't economical for them to do one... :(

The Bentley is the best manual available for the Corrado, but it is, as you say, expensive...

MKII or MKIII Golf and Passat 88-92 manuals have about all the info in 'em you'll need for a Corrado, but the wiring diagrams aren't all there unless you get the Bentley one... :|

I ordered a Bentley manual from Amazon.com (america) and only paid £50. Thats including the shipping to the UK. Much better than the £75 or so that it costs in the UK :roll:

Didnt have to pay any import duties on it, maybe I was lucky :lol:

FWIW, considered opinion in the Scirocco community is that the Bentley is far superior to the Haynes manual (that is available for the Rocco). So I suspect it's better that way round ;)

Just haven't laid my hands on a Bentley yet...

I ordered a Bentley manual from Amazon.com (america) and only paid £50. Thats including the shipping to the UK. Much better than the £75 or so that it costs in the UK :roll:

Didnt have to pay any import duties on it, maybe I was lucky :lol:

There's no VAT on books, and I don't think they're subject to import tariffs either. :?:

The bentley is a bastardised VAG workshop manual so thats is why its better than a Haynes(Even has VAG tool numbers on it too).

The mk II goof one is ok if you want the engine details for a 1.8 16v but aside from that its nearly useless. Same with the mk. III goof manual and that is just full of rubbish. i.e. on one page it states number 1 cylinder is at the cambelt end of the block, on another it has swapped around to the dizzy end!

IIRC Bentleys only have Yank wiring diagrams which are close enough but difer slightly from the Euro cars in a few places.

The mk II goof one is ok if you want the engine details for a 1.8 16v but aside from that its nearly useless. Same with the mk. III goof manual and that is just full of rubbish

I agree and can vouch for this!!

i've got a bentley which if you do your own repairs is worth the money in the long run as it saves you cash

you just have to think a little "outside the box" as it was for the usa market ie. lhd

OT but a friend of mine recently sold his car to Haynes for them to make a manual. It was an Audi A3. Usually they just buy them from local dealers who agree to buy it back from Haynes when they have finished striping it apart but they couldn't find this specific model. I picked him up from the workshop when he dropped it off there and they gave us a tour around. They completely strip down every car, there are only about 4 chaps who do the actual mechanical work and another team of a dozen of so who do all the technical drawings etc. One of the chaps in the workshop had done all the cars for the last 20 years or so!. They also have the biggest library of car magazines and technical manuals i've ever seen.

Surely you gave them a swift kick in the nads for not producing a manual for the corrado.Who cares if there was only so many imported?..they should still have made one,because i own a corrado and thats that.