Sign in to follow this  
trev-b

Push Button Starter

Has anyone got experience of fitting a push button starter to a Corrado? I quite fancy one to replace my cigarette lighter but not sure how much hassle/costis involved.

easy to do and only cost a couple of quid did a mates corrado i don't see the point as you need to still need to turn the key then press the button.

I suppose if your ignition switch is dead then its worth a go.

seen this on a valver and wasnt impressed, had to pump the accelerator to start it or some cack then it just floods the engine, dont know if it was a dodgy install but didnt seem that great.

I don't believe a starter button be blamed for engine flooding problems. It's only doing the same job as the ignition switch in the 'start' position.

i don't see the point as you need to still need to turn the key then press the button.

That's if you still HAVE a key :wink:

Back to topic this is a really simple job, as mentioned several times already.

I thought about a bi-colour LED stainless or black round push button (single pulse type). Basically my plan was to lose the fag lighter and fit said button which has an illuminated ring around it's circumference. Red illumination for ready to start, which changes to green when the engine is running.

I saw said switch in a catalogue at Audioscape, can't remember if it was Farnell, Rapid or RS... will have to have another look.

I was going to rig up a circuit that detects the voltage from the Alternator dash signal wire (the thin blue one) which would then switch the bicolour to green..... but it's at the bottom of the in tray at the moment, LOL!

The beauty of the starter button is it reduces wear and tear on the ignition switch, which as we all know is an achilles heel on the C.

ive got a honda s2000 button it looks nice words ENGINE START light up and it has a chrome rim which matches other bits in my interior, i must admit i thought it was chavvy at first! but i really like it now and its in the fag lighter hole as well so nice an oem looking!

Ditto with the push button start here, also.

Handy for quickly restarting your car (if you or it stalls!) as you don't have to switch all the keys off, then back on again - usually annoying your alarm in the process.

And yes, saves on the ignition switch.

And the laydees love it...

They're always wanting to push my knob.

Anyone got pics of a push start? sounds like a cool gizmothing.

edit, Dont worry ill read the posts next time. :oops:

And the laydees love it...

They're always wanting to push my knob.

They want to push your knob, eh? Well there's a thing. I thought the ladies usually want to pull on the knob?